Running examples with the Seismic module

Dear Jason,

I am new on FAST and I’m trying to use the seismic fast version in order to study near ground motions effects. I’ve downloaded the seismic archive and tried to launch the examples. I get these two error messages.

Would you know how to fix this ? I have tried several things (change file’s folder, change path) but none of them worked. I didn’t find any post about that on the forum or in the documentation.

Best regards,
Manon

Dear Manon,

In the first case it appears that FAST can’t find the file “El_Centro_0.0050_270_value.dat”. Is it located in the “Examples\PtfmMotions” directory?

In the second case it appears that FAST can’t find the file “initramp.dat”, although I see it in your directory.

Perhaps try copying the FAST.exe and rspm09.exe executables into the same directory as the FAST primary input file–e.g. in “Examples\1_NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Onshore_udm_wo_baseline_wo_target” directory for the first case–and running the simulation from that directory.

Best regards,

Hi,

Is the seismic module/example still available? I’v tried to Google it but I cann’t find it

Thanks for your help!

Hi Francisco,

Yes, you can find the archive for the Seismic version of FAST v7 on my Google drive: drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing.

Best regards,

Hi,
I’m sorry, in the Google drive folder I have found only FastV7.02 archive. Are you referring to this archive? If yes I have not found the files listed in table 1 of the ‘Seismic Loading for FAST’ document (examples folder, UserPtfmLd_Seismic.f90, etc.). Are they still avalaible?
Thanks for your help.
Ferdinando

Dear Ferdinando,

I’m not sure why, but Google Drive flagged this file for “abuse”, preventing its download. I’ve now deleted and reuploaded the file–here: drive.google.com/file/d/1Uaf2xp … sp=sharing. Please try again.

Best regards,

Sorry, but Drive denied the permission to download and now the file seems to be disappeared again.
Could be possible for you send me it by e-mail (ferdinando.scherillo@gmail.com) or in another way (Wetransfer)?
Thanks
Ferdinando

Dear Ferdinando,

Interesting, the Seismic archive seems to be flagged by Google Docs again. I recall another user reported that Google reported that the archive my contain a virus when they downloaded it before. I asked NREL IT about it and they could not find a virus. I recreated the archive, but it still seems to have the same problem.

NREL’s firewall will block e-mails that contained precompiled binary executables, so, I can’t share the archive that way.

I’m not sure what more I can do.

I’m not familiar with Wetransfer, but you could always send me instructions.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
thanks very much for your help.
About wetransfer you just need to go on the website wetransfer.com/ (you don’t need registration), add the file, my e-mail and your e-mail and click on transfer. They will ask you for a verification code that they will send you by e-mail.
Thanks again
Best regards
Ferdinando

Dear Ferdinando,

OK, I’ve sent you the Seismic v2.00.00 archive via Wetransfer.

Best regards,

Dear Ferdinando,

After receiving a confirmation e-mail from WeTransfer, I have now received an e-mail saying something was wrong with your e-mail address, despite using the e-mail address I have for you in the system. Did you receive the transfer?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
I apologize for the delay in replying, but the e-mail address of the Nrel account was the old one. I have setted the new one and my account, as you know, has been deactivated for few days.
Sorry again
Ferdinando

Dear Ferinando,

OK, I’ve now forwarded the message to your new e-mail. Are you able to access the files now?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
I recivied the file.
Thanks a lot and sorry for the problems with my e-mail.
Thanks again,
Best regards
Ferdinando

Dear Ferdinando.Scherillo,
I am a beginner on FAST . I 'd like to use Seismic module to investigate the performance of wind turbine under specified platform motion. Could you also share me the Seismic v2.00.00 file by email : yanglin205@hrbeu.edu.cn ?
Thanks ,
Lin Yang

Dear Jason,
I am a beginner on FAST. I am trying to simulate a turbine in forced surge platform motion and I find it not a easy task to customize the FAST code to achieve this goal since the platform motions are solved in a fully coupled manner using Kane method .
I noticed you have mentioned in previous topics that FAST has this ability by coupling with Seismic module. Could you also share me the Seismic v2.00.00 file by my email : yanglin205@hrbeu.edu.cn ?
Thanks,
Lin Yang

Dear Lin Yang,

I just sent you the Seismic archive using WeTransfer.

Best regards,

Dear jason,
I have received the Seismic file and succeeded in running the example case following the user guide. Very grateful to your sharing.

Best regards,

Lin Yang

Dear Jason

I am trying to impose prescribed motion to the platform via Seismic. Could you please also send the Seismic archive to me (liang.li@strath.ac.uk) via WeTransfer? The download link on NREL website does not work. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Liang

Sent.