OC4DeepCwindSemi_ElastoDyn

Hi all,

I have tried to get the OutData of ‘OC4DeepCwindSemi_ElastoDyn (Test25)’.
Although I expect to get the ‘Test25.ED.out’, I cannot help getting ‘Test25.outb’ instead of ‘.out’ file until now.

Originally, isn’t there ‘Test25.ED.out’?

I really hope to see OutData of ElastoDyn after simulation…

Is there someone help me…?

Warm regards,
Minji Jo

Dear Minji Jo,

The OutFile switch in the ElastoDyn primary input file is currently unused; instead, the ElastoDyn outputs are always written to the global FAST output file (.out or .outb) as if OutFile = 2. Whether the global FAST output file format is text (.out) or binary (.outb) depends on the setting of the OutFileFmt switch in the FAST primary input file.

Best regards,

Dear Jason Jonkman,

Thanks for your precious reply to me!

And I have a question more…

I have tried to down conversion from v.8 to v.7 about OC4DeepCwindSemisubmersible model for ‘linearization’.
Until now, I confirm that there are upgrade file conversions in the v.8 archive.
Does my trial which is downgrade file conversion make sense?
Also, is there downgrade file conversion tools?

Always thanks so much for your wonderful helps!

Warm regards,
Minji Jo

Dear MinJi Jo,

We don’t have scripts to convert from FAST v8 to FAST v7. With a bit of coding, I’m sure it would be possible to adapt the scripts to convert from FAST v7 to FAST v8 to convert the other way for land-based turbines. But for offshore wind turbines, such as the OC4-DeepCwind semi, this will be much more difficult because there are many more offshore features in FAST v8 than there were in FAST v7 (e.g., it is not possible in FAST v7 to model the viscous drag on the multiple members of the OC4-DeepCwind semisubmersible).

Best regards,

Dear Jason Jonkman,

Thanks for your precious reply!

Yes, I realize that OC4DeepCwind model has more detailed data about platform parts than previous other models.
According to your advices, I may be able to save my times.

May I ask to you somewhen it is available to linearize in v.8…?

I really hope that~

Always thanks to you!
Minji Jo

Dear Minji Jo,

Regarding linearization of FAST v8, please see the following forum topic: Natural Frequencies with FAST v8.

Best regards,

Dear Jason Jonkman,

Thanks so much!
I look forward to linearizing in v8!

Have a nice day!

• Minji Jo