Invalid numeric input

Dear all,

I’m trying to use base model with rigid foundation in FAST V7 to simulate the behaviour of 5MW turbine, but FAST aborted with an error “True found when trying to read the number, StiffXX”. I’m curious about how to solve this problem, thanks a lot.

Dear Kevin,

I’m not familiar with this error and can’t find a reference to “StiffXX” in the FAST v7.02 source code. Where did you get the version of FAST v7.02 that you are running? Do you have the same problem if running the FAST v7.02 found from my Google drive: drive.google.com/file/d/1ID_u3O … sp=sharing?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your reply, I don’t have the same problem when I use the FAST V7.02 you provided. But there is another error “spd_trq.dat was not found”, I don’t konw what it means and what should I do with it? In addition, I got the base model with rigid foundation from the modification of the coupled linear springs foundation model in other’s thesis.

Dear Kevin,

OK, so it sounds like the “StiffXX” error you were receiving was triggered by some customized version of FAST v7, not by the version NREL has provided.

Regarding the “spd_trq.dat” error, the sample user-specified variable-speed controller developed by Kirk Pierce (the sample UserVSCont() Fortran SUBROUTINE for torque control available in FAST v7) reads in a file named “spd_trq.dat” containing the generator torque (in N-m) as a function of rotor speed (in RPM). You would only need this file if you are using that sample controller.

However, it looks like you are trying to run a simulation with a model of the NREL 5-MW baseline wind turbine atop the OC3-monopile. The controller for this turbine is provided in Bladed DISCON format, and does not make use of this sample UserVSCont() routine nor the “spd_trq.dat” file. Instead, this model should use the version of FAST v7.02 that is compiled with the interface to the DISCON controller, which is available separately here: drive.google.com/file/d/1trlHpd … sp=sharing.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

You are right, I’m certainly running the simulation with the model of the NREL 5-MW baseline wind turbine atop the OC3-monopile, and now it goes well. Thanks for your help.