Linearization FAST Error

Hello everyone,

I am a PhD. student in Spain, and I am starting to work with FAST. I am trying to make a linearization analysis and after setting the primary.fst and NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Linear.dat files, according to the indications of FAST User’s Guide pages 56-61, using a constant wind Hub-Height Wind Data File of 10 m/s wind speed.

The following error appears when executing FAST in Linearization Mode.

"C:\FDI FTC Benchmark FAST\FAST code>FAST primary.fst
Running NWTC Subroutine Library (v1.07.00b-mlb, 10-Jan-2013).
Running FAST (v7.02.00d-bjj, 20-Feb-2013).
Heading of the FAST input file: NREL 5.0 MW Baseline Wind Turbine for Use in Offshore Analysis.

Invalid numeric input. “True” found when trying to read the number, OutFileFmt.

Aborting FAST."

I don’t find information about this error or the parameter involved with it. OutFileFMT is the same as OutFMT in the .fst file?. In that case I don’t have a “True” value assigned to this parameter.

I would appreciate any suggestion.

Best regards,

Hector Sanchez
PhD. Student
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Terrassa, Spain

Hi, Hector.

FAST v7.02.00d-bjj requires an extra line in its input file. OutFileFmt is a new parameter that indicates if the time series output files should be text or binary format. You can read about the change in the addendum to the FAST User’s Guide (see page 9).

You can look at some sample input files in the CertTest folder of the FAST archive to see where this line should be placed.

Hi, Hector,

To add to what Bonnie said, we’ve also updated the FAST input files of the various NREL 5-MW models (both land-based and offshore) to work with FAST v7.02.00d-bjj. You can find these here: wind.nrel.gov/public/jjonkman/NR … Bsline5MW/.

Best regards,

Hi Jason and Bonnie,

I have successfully executed my first linearization analysis!

Thanks so much for your help.

Best regards,

Hector Sanchez
PhD. Student
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
Terrassa, Spain