InflowWind Modeling

Dear all,
I recently downloaded InflowWind archive and explored its files and folders. I did not find any user manuals, programs (.exe file) or even enough sample files to be able to create wind model. Is there any source of information about this problem or how to use this software? Is there any other software that I can use to model steady wind?

Dear Khaled,

In both FAST v7 and FAST v8, InflowWind is currently treated as a submodule of AeroDyn. It doesn’t have its own driver (for a standalone executable), input file, output file, or documentation. The user interaction happens through the AeroDyn input file (e.g., by the way you specify the wind file type). The common wind file types are the so-called “hub-height” file and turbulent data file (in TurbSim or GH Bladed format). The “hub-height” files can be used for simulating with steady winds. See the AeroDyn documentation for more information.

That said, we are working on an upgrade to FAST v8 that will promote InflowWind from a submodule of AeroDyn to a main module of FAST, meaning that it will have its own driver (for a standalone executable), input file, output file, and documentation. This should be made available later this year.

Best regards,