How to simulate IEC 61400-3-2 DLC 9.1 (10.1) in OpenFAST

Hi, I would like to simulate in OpenFAST the DLC 9.1, and I would like to discuss what would be the best approach.
I looked in the forum, but unfortunately I have not found anything relevant for this.
As a quick reminder, as far as I understood IEC 61400-3-2 DLC 9.1 (10.1) is an ALS, for a floating wind turbine with redundant mooring system, where one of the lines fail.
9.1 and 10.1 look at the transient when this happens, while 9.2 and 10.2 at the regime once the platform has reached the new equilibrium. 9.x is for normal wind-wave conditions, 10.x for extreme wind-wave conditions.

Since, I suppose, I cannot change the mooring configuration during the OpenFAST simulation (or maybe it can be done?), I was planning to run the equivalent simulation with all the lines intact, and then record the average position for all the DOFs.
Then, launch another simulation, where I impose as starting conditions all the average DOFs of the previous simulation, to mimic as much as possible the transient, removing one of the mooring lines.

Does this sound reasonable?

Kind Regards

Maurizio

Dear @Maurizio.Collu,

While MoorDyn does not currently have the functionality to force a mooring line loss within the time-domain simulation, this is possible with a small change to the source code. This topic has been discussed in other forum posts, such as the following: Tendon failure in FAST modeling.

Best regards,

Dear @Jason.Jonkman,
thanks a lot for the quick answer, and apologies for not noticing the existing relevant forum post.
I was looking for DLC 9.1 10.1 rather than “tendon failure”.

Kind Regards

Maurizio