fatal error while running MAP++ indepedently

The error message: Invalid logical input for file “input_file.map” occured while trying to read Echo

“input_file.map”:
--------------- LINE DICTIONARY --------------------------
LineType Diam MassDenInAir EA CB CIntDamp Ca Cdn Cdt
(-) (m) (kg/m) (N) (-) (-) (-) (-) (-)
Mat_1 0.1 61.65 1650000000 1.0 0 0 0 0
-------- NODE PROPERTIES ------------------------------
Node Type X Y Z M B FX FY FZ
(-) (-) (m) (m) (m) (kg) (mֻ†3) (N) (N) (N)
1 fix 400 0 -124 0 0 # # #
2 Vessel 30 0 -22 0 0 # # #
3 fix -200 346 -124 0 0 # # #
4 Vessel -15 26 -22 0 0 # # #
5 fix -200 -346 -124 0 0 # # #
6 Vessel -15 -26 -22 0 0 # # #
---------------- LINE PROPERTIES ---------------------------
Line LineType UnstrLen NodeAnch NodeFair Flags
(-) (-) (m) (-) (-) (-)
1 Mat_1 490 1 2
2 Mat_1 490 3 4
3 Mat_1 490 5 6
-------------------- SOLVER OPTIONS-----------------------
Option
(-)
repeat 120 240

Dear Moti,

My guess is your input file is not formatted properly. Are you executing MAP++ or MoorDyn? I see that you have damping and drag values specified, which makes me think you are trying to run MoorDyn, but you say your running MAP++.

In MAP++, the first line in the input file should be the “LINE DICTIONARY” header. In MoorDyn, the third line in the input file is Echo.

Best regards,

Thank you Jason,

I am running MAP++.
I sent the commands window and the input file to your mail.

best,
Moti Keinan

Dear Moti,

From the command prompt you forwarded me, it looks like you are calling the FAST v8.16 Windows executable, but are sending it the name of the MAP++ input file rather than a FAST primary input (*.fst) file. You are not actually “running MAP++ independently”, as the forum topic subject says.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do? Are you trying to run MAP++ standalone, independent from FAST? Or you are trying to run a coupled FAST model of a floating wind turbine?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Eventually I wand to introduce a mooring system by the (degenerated) 6x6 stiffness matrixs.

Best, Moti

Dear Moti,

OK, I gather that you are trying to run standalone MAP++, uncoupled from FAST, to derive the 6x6 stiffness matrix of the mooring system. MAP++ can be run standalone through a python driver. This is documented in the online MAP++ documentation: map-plus-plus.readthedocs.io/en … index.html.

Best regards,