Electrical Thread

Please use this topic thread to post comments and information that is applicable to the Electrical sub-committee of the U.S. Wind Energy Standards Group. Please see the first post in the “General Thread” for the contact list. Please contact the sub-committee lead, Timothy Zgonena, tom.buchal@intertek.com, if you have any questions or comments that you prefer not to post below.

Test posting only

Large Turbine Compliance Guidelines Subcommittee - PLANNING MEETING SEPTEMBER 3

Group,

Here is a nice gift basket for your Labor Day weekend. Included are the minutes that Lars recorded from our last call, the original document outline, our contact list and an e-mail regarding the agenda for the AWEA meeting next month. Per our last discussion, I would like to have final comments on the main sections headings, included both on the minutes and on the outline spreadsheet, within the next 2 weeks. Don’t worry too much about the sub-sections that are shown on the spreadsheet; we will leave that up to the section leads to finalize and we can collect those comments later. I left that information on the spreadsheet since several of you had asked and I thought it would be helpful to recap the original logic as you consider any comments that you may have on the main sections. In conjunction with any comments that you may have, please also indicate your ability to contribute either as a lead author, contributor or reviewer in any of the sections identified. I know that it would be better to compile comments, adjust the sections as needed, and then ask for this identification but we need to short cut the process a bit. My hope is that we have the final sections and allocations of leads identified prior to our next call so that we can begin to have more topically focused discussions.

Lastly, please let me know if you intend to attend the meetings on Oct 5th in Atlantic City.

Shashikant,

Please let me know your schedule for the overview guideline that you discussed during the call. Can you have that done by mid-week next week?

Everyone have a great holiday weekend!!

Regards

Dan Dolan, Principal
mmiengineering.com/
475 14th Street, Suite 400
Oakland, California 94612
Office: 510-836-3002
Direct: 510-285-2731

Please note the following issues and events relevant to the Subcommittee:

Name: SCC Chair Suzanne Meeker concurs that we should discontinue using the term “permitting” in the subcommittee name. Please use the current name of the subcommittee: Large Turbine Compliance Guidelines Subcommittee

Leadership: Sandy has resigned as the Subcommittee chair. Suzanne has accepted the recommendation to appoint Paul Veers as the new Subcommittee chair, and Paul has accepted.

Subcommittee Meeting: The next meeting of the Subcommittee will be on Tuesday, October 5, in Atlantic City, NJ from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We will have three separate rooms available throughout the day, each with AV equipment. The opening reception for the Off Shore Workshop will be held that day from 4 – 7 p.m. Information on the conference, logistics and lodging is available at: offshorewindexpo.org/.

Draft agenda for October 5 meeting:

9 Introductions, logistics, purpose
9:15 Overview of the project
9:30 Status reports by each Project Team Leader
10:30 Break
10:45 Project Teams meet separately
12 Lunch on your own
1:30 Reconvene Project Team meetings
3 Break
3:15 Reconvene Project Team meetings
4:30 Full Subcommittee meets to receive an update from Project Teams
5:30 Adjourn

John
Minutes 081710 draft.doc (84 KB)
structural reliability outline rev3.xlsx (52.5 KB)

Reconfirmation: Large Turbine Compliance Subcommittee to meet in Atlantic City, next Tuesday, October 5
Members of the AWEA Large Turbine Compliance Subcommittee, Project Teams and Working Groups (via bcc):

Please be assured that the meeting of the Subcommittee and all the subdivisions will occur on Tuesday, October 5, in Atlantic City. I understand that some of you may not have received that confirmation earlier, and I apologize. The “good” news is that we are very close to making significant improvements in the communication system we use at AWEA for our standards program, which will significantly improve communication capabilities.

The meeting be at the Atlantic City Convention Center (accenter.com/), room 404, and will last all day on Tuesday the 5th, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. Lunch will be on your own at nearby restaurants.

The meeting is being held the day before the AWEA Off Shore Conference and Exposition. You are welcome to attend the conference and use the designated lodging for conference attendees, but it is not necessary to register for the conference in order to attend the meeting. Conference and lodging information is available at offshorewindexpo.org/. Group rate rooms are still available (as of last night) at Caesar’s (the “overflow” facility) AND the word today is that the Sheraton has had a few cancellations, so you may be able to secure the conference group rate there as well.

Please drop me a quick line if you plan to be at the meeting or to request any further information.

John

PS: Please excuse the multiple messages.
Large Turbine Subcommittee Meeting 2010 October 05 agenda.docx (15.1 KB)

All, new procedure guidelines from AWEA. It would be good to read this before Tuesday’s meeting.
Regards
Dan

Dan/Brian/Robert

Here is the AWEA standards review process, which after the meeting today, will likely be adopted for these guidelines. Please send this out to your groups and expect that it will be discussed in the plenary in Atlantic City. I think the agenda will come to you from John Dunlop.

Walt Musial
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
AWEA Standards Development Procedures Final 2007 July.doc (116 KB)