CART3 1.5 MW wind turbine ALL Input Files

Hi sir,
I am a new fast user.now i am working on CART3 1.5MW wind turbine.I am trying to run it in command prompt but it needs platform data(Floating offshore platform),adamsspecific data,hydro data.so i need all input files.please send me as soon as possible.

Dear Mani,

I’m not aware of a CART3 1.5-MW wind turbine. The CART3 turbine that I know of is a 600-kW turbine. Where did you get the input files for a 1.5-MW turbine? Do you mean the WindPACT 1.5-MW turbine?

Are you running FAST v7 or FAST v8?

Do you need the “ADAMS specific” inputs because you plan to run MSC.ADAMS?

Do you need the offshore (platform and hydro data) inputs because you plan to run an offshore configuration–with what support structure?

Best regards,

yes sir.WindPACT 1.5-MW turbine.
I am running FAST v7.I need the “ADAMS specific” inputs to run MSC.ADAMS.
I need the offshore (platform and hydro data) hydrodyn inputs to run an offshore configuration with floating support structure.

Dear Mani,

A complete FAST v7 model of the WindPACT 1.5-MW turbine in a land-based configuration is available in the CertTest folder of the FAST v7 archive, downloadable from: nwtc.nrel.gov/FAST7. The ADAMS-specific input file for the WindPACT 1.5-MW turbine is named, “Baseline_ADAMS.dat”.

I don’t have any FAST models of the WindPACT 1.5-MW turbine in an offshore configuration. If you wish to use one of our public FAST models in an offshore configuration, you should switch to the NREL 5-MW turbine.

Best regards,

Sir,somehow i managed it to run in the command prompt.I am getting some outputs but i don’t know whether it is correct or not.can you please tell me whether it is correct or not.

Dear Mani,

If you are uncomfortable running FAST, I suggest that you run the CertTest.bat script included in the archive, which will run a large number of FAST simulations and compare the results against those we generated when we released the software.

Best regards,