WT_Perf v3.04.00b-mlb Available

Hi,

We’ve been trying to publish a new version of WT_Perf for years, but are having trouble finding time to finish it. It is in a state of flux and we are trying to make it a better modeler of hydro-kinetic (water) turbines. I added some new features early in the year and Dave Maniaci of Penn State worked on it some in the middle of the year. I’m not sure where his version stands, so I’m releasing my version as an alpha version. It uses the latest version of the NWTC Subroutine Library. This version includes the new iteration algorithm Dave and I worked on over the last few years. It is slower, but there is a better chance of convergence. He improved it more this summer, but those changes are not included now. Both the main input file and airfoil files have changed, so please use the examples in the CertTest folder. I have not updated the user’s guide, so you’ll have to let the input files guide you. They should be fairly obvious.

You can download the new version here:

[url]National Wind Technology Center's Information Portal | Wind Research | NREL

Marshall