TurbSim File IEA 15MW RWT

Hi Jason:
Was trying to run a simulation with the IEA 15MW RWT but I got this error in OpenFAST. However, I got this error

“FAST_InitializeAll:InflowWind_Init:TSFF_ValidateInput: Cannot find TurbSim full-field wind input
file: '.../IEA-15-240-RWT/Wind/145m_11mps_ClassA1ETM.bts”.

Do you know where I can loctate it?

Regards,
AOAW

Dear Andre,
we have not posted the input files for all the DLCs, and neither the wind files. It is up to the users to generate them.
The good news is that you can use the new NREL framework WEIS github.com/WISDEM/WEIS
It is publicly available and, among many other things, it runs some of the IEC DLCs (and executes TurbSim automatically).
You can compile WEIS by following the instructions on the readme and then you can run this example github.com/WISDEM/WEIS/blob/mas … run_DLC.py, which runs the IEA 15MW.
Good luck!
Best regards,
Pietro

1 Like

Thanks Jason.
I will check it.

Regards,
AOAW

Hi Jason:

Encountered another error. See below:

“FAST_InitializeAll:SrvD_Init:BladedInterface_Init:The dynamic library .\ServoData/libdiscon.so
could not be loaded. Check that the file exists in the specified location and that it is compiled
for 64-bit applications.”

However, the file libdiscon.so is at the specified location, so I am not sure. I see on another forum where an Ubuntu user had encountered the same error but no solution was given.

Please let me know if there is a solution.

Thank you.

Regards,
AOAW

Dear Andre,

There are typically one of two reasons you’d git this error:
(1) The name or path to the dynamic library is specified incorrectly in input DLL_FileName in the ServoDyn input file.
(2) The dynamic library you have is compiled for 32 bits while you are using a 64-bit compiled executable of FAST / OpenFAST.

Best regards,

Thanks Jason.

I will check and see.

Regards,
AOAW

Jason:
I figure it might be a problem with 2) as the name is correct. I tried to run OpenFAST 32 bit executable but it takes me back to the command prompt line as per the below:
C:\Users\awhite15\openfast\r-test\glue-codes\openfast\IEA-15-240-RWT-UMaineSemi>C:\Users\awhite15\openfast\openfast_v2.5.0_binaries\openfast_Win32.exe IEA-15-240-RWT-UMaineSemi.fst
PS C:\Users\awhite15\openfast\r-test\glue-codes\openfast\IEA-15-240-RWT-UMaineSemi>

I clicked on the executable and got an error that procedure entry point could not be found in the dynamic link library. See error attached.
Not sure what to do as it works fine for FAST 32 bit. Do you know what could be the source of this problem?

Regards,
AOAW
Win32_application_error.png

Dear Andre,

It looks like a similar question was asked and answered on the OpenFAST github issues page–see: github.com/OpenFAST/openfast/issues/649.

Best regards,

Thanks Jason. I will have a look.

Regards,
AOAW

Jason:
Thank you. However, that did not solve the issue. The 64 bit .dll controller is found here github.com/IEAWindTask37/IEA-15 … /issues/54.

That solves the issue.

Regards,
AOAW

1 Like