torque coefficient

hi jason
How can I calculate the pitch angle that producing the desired torque, I see in most papers that they were calculate this, by using interpolation from the Cq graph(relation between pitch angel,landa and torque coefficient) , now my question is How can I get Cq graph for FAST’s turbines?

Dear Encieh,

You can use the standalone driver for AeroDyn v15 to calculate the surface of power, torque, thrust (etc.) coefficient versus tip-speed ratio and blade-pitch angle. See the following forum topic of more information: Aerodyn v15.04 with Parametric Analysis - #2 by Jason.Jonkman (this assumes a rigid rotor).

Best regards,

hi jason
at first thank you very much for your useful responses,i have another question:how can i generate Cq in all of possible ranges?i generated it in special condition and so it’s not all of Cq that possible for this turbin,(i know that exist a lot of Cq that is not posible to reach all of them ,i want a reasonable range of them that i can plot a figure of them such as the pictures in many papers)

Dear Encieh,

The combined-case section of the standalone AeroDyn input file allows you to run multiple cases…each with different wind speeds, rotor speeds, pitch angles, etc. You can use this feature to generate a complete Cq surface.

Best regards,