SOWFA set-up

Hello!

I am trying to set-up the SOWFA on my virtual machine. The download website has a PDF with a list of instructions to follow in order to be able to run it. There is also a README.SOWFA file in the downloaded folder, which is a slightly different (seems more complete) set of instructions.

Working on Linux environments is still new to me, so I get lost trying to follow those steps. On step two of the README.SOWFA file:

2. When you installed OpenFOAM, you modified your login script
(.bash_profile or similar). Make sure that the environment variable
WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR points to where you put the renamed "user-2.0.x"
directory.

As per openfoam.org/archive/2.1.1/d … ubuntu.php , I had to modify the file ~/.bashrc . So I tried to check there if there is anything pointing to my correspondig directory. However, I look at bashrc and I can’t really tell where WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR points to it :confused:

Maybe, that was not the right file to work with? In which file should I check that WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR is pointing to the right directory?

Thanks in advance!!
Ruben

Ruben,

First off, I know almost nothing about SOWFA, but your question is more one of how to use Linux than to use SOWFA. Although I rarely use Linux now, it seems to me that whatever shell you use on Linux (bash: the born-again shell is a popular one), you need to modify the “rc” file (e.g., .bashrc) to set the environment variable. If you use the old C shell (csh), you would modify the .cshrc file. The “rc” stands (I think) for “run commands” and that file is executed whenever you create a new bash shell (e.g., a terminal window).

Maybe the .bash_profile file is a more-appropriate place to do this. Maybe it is executed only when you log in, while the rc file is executed whenever you start a new process and it has less overhead. Whichever one you modify, just be sure to add a “set” command for WM_PROJECT_USER_DIR. Look at the other set commands already in the file to determine the syntax.

If this tip does not get you unstuck, please reply and I will get Sang Lee to help.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for the hints, they worked and helped me go on with the set up for SOWFA. Sorry that this more of a Linux-related question than SOWFA itself, but I thought this doubt would fit under the “Computer-Aided Engineering Software Tools” as some sort of “How to install” subcategory.

When I fixed the previous issue, I kept going The following steps are:

I managed 5 and 6, and there are few errors when I try 7.

[code]windPlantPisoSolver.C:48:43: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesALM.H: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantPisoSolver.o] Error 1
…/FAST/Source/HydroCalc.f90:812.29:

CALL RANDOM_SEED ( PUT=WaveSeed(1:2) )

Error: Size of ‘put’ argument of ‘random_seed’ intrinsic at (1) too small (2/12)
…/FAST/Source/HydroCalc.f90:2701.40:

USE Waves
Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘waves.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/FAST_IO.f90:7256.60:

USE Waves, ONLY:WavePkShpDefault
Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘waves.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/FAST.f90:1056.85:

FloatingPlatform, ONLY:AnchorTension, FairleadTension
                                                                       1          

Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘floatingplatform.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/FAST_Lin.f90:46.49:

USE FASTsubs !Solver
Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘fastsubs.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/FAST2ADAMS.f90:510.55:

USE FASTSubs !SetCoordSy
Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘fastsubs.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/fastinit.f90:12.93:

FAST_IO_Subs       ! Begin(), Input(), PrintSum(), RunTimes()
                                                                       1                  

Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘fast_io_subs.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/fastrun.f90:8.89:

FAST_IO_Subs       ! WrOutHdr(),  SimStatus(), WrOutput()
                                                                       1              

Fatal Error: Can’t open module file ‘fast_io_subs.mod’ for reading at (1): No such file or directory
…/FAST/Source/fastend.f90:12.93:

FAST_IO_Subs       ! Begin(), Input(), PrintSum(), RunTimes()
                                                                       1                  

ar: HydroCalc.o: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat libfast.a': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat libfast.a’: No such file or directory

windPlantPisoSolver.C:49:44: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesFAST.H: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantPisoSolver.o] Error 1[/code]

The .H files do exist, but I don’t know how to get them to be “read” or “recognized”. About the other errors, are they because the modues in bashrc might not be well defined?

Thanks again!
Ruben

Hi, Ruben.

I also know almost nothing about SOWFA, but the error about the random seed in HydroCalc.f90 is something we resolved in FAST v7.02.00. There are a couple of forum posts that may help you with that error: * [url]Compiling FAST under Linux with gfortran - #4 by Bonnie.Jonkman] (see my Tue Nov 08, 2011 post)

Thank you Bonnie,

I followed the pointers you gave me, and now it seems that everything is running without errors!!

Hi All,

I had the same problem and I read two posts that Bonnie pointed out.

As has been said in the second post, the file createFields.h in folder “fastPisoSolver” is missing. Some website to download that file is suggested. But apparently, the file has been replaced with another one. Could anyone please update that file? I guess I cannot compile SOWFA without it. But if possible, please tell me how.

Regards,

Behnam

Hello,

I am unable to upload the createFields.H right now, but if you look at the PDF “Overview of the Simulator for Offshore Wind Farm Application (SOWFA)” page 70,
you just have to add “turbineModels::horizontalAxisWindTurbinesFAST turbfast(U);” at the end of the createFields.H from pisoFoam(which you can find in the OpenFOAM tutorials" and it should work.
At least, it worked for me.

Regards,

Bruno

Thanks Bruno

I could set up createFields.h.
Now I am getting many errors regarding libfast.a when I try to wmake in fastPisoSolver folder. Did you have the same issue? If yes, how did you manage that? Below you can see how the compiling goes on until it gives out error messages:

behmogh@hw2341-01:~/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0/applications/solvers/windEnergy/fastPisoSolver$ wclean behmogh@hw2341-01:~/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0/applications/solvers/windEnergy/fastPisoSolver$ wmake Making dependency list for source file pisoFoam.C SOURCE=pisoFoam.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/transportModels -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0//src/fastturb/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoam.o /home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readPISOControls.H: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: /home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readPISOControls.H:3:15: warning: unused variable ‘nOuterCorr’ [-Wunused-variable] /home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readPISOControls.H:15:16: warning: unused variable ‘transonic’ [-Wunused-variable] g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/transportModels -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0//src/fastturb/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -Xlinker --add-needed Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoam.o -L/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.0/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib \ -Lfast/bin -L/home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib -lincompressibleRASModels -lincompressibleLESModels -lincompressibleTransportModels -lfiniteVolume -lmeshTools -luserfastturb -lgfortran -lfast -lOpenFOAM -ldl -lm -o /home/behmogh/OpenFOAM/behmogh-2.0.0/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin/fastPisoSolver Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoam.o: In function `main': pisoFoam.C:(.text.startup+0x63e): undefined reference to `Foam::incompressible::turbulenceModel::typeName' pisoFoam.C:(.text.startup+0x65e): undefined reference to `Foam::incompressible::turbulenceModel::New(Foam::GeometricField<Foam::Vector<double>, Foam::fvPatchField, Foam::volMesh> const&, Foam::GeometricField<double, Foam::fvsPatchField, Foam::surfaceMesh> const&, Foam::transportModel&, Foam::word const&)' fast/bin/libfast.a(fastinit.o): In function `fastinit_': fastinit.f90:(.text+0x6f): undefined reference to `_gfortran_date_and_time' fastinit.f90:(.text+0x7e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_cpu_time_4' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_wrscr': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x57): undefined reference to `_gfortran_adjustl' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x6e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x124): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x13d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x14c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x196): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x233): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x298): undefined reference to `_gfortran_adjustl' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x2bd): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x2d6): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x30d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x32a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x384): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x3db): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `_gfortran_adjustl' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x465): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x47e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x4b5): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_wrover': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x526): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x545): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x554): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_wrnr': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x5d2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x5f1): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x600): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_progexit': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x625): undefined reference to `_gfortran_exit_i4' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_openunfinpbefile': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x69d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x73c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_open' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_openbininpfile': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x7e3): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x85e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_open' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_openbinfile': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x90d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x997): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_open' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_environment_variable': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xa60): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xa86): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getenv' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xad4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getenv' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xaf6): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xb1c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getenv' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xbd4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xbfb): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_env': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xc76): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getenv' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_cwd': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xcbd): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getcwd_i4_sub' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xce2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xd9a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getcwd_i4_sub' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_command': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xdef): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getarg_i4' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xdf4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_iargc' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xe36): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getarg_i4' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xe5b): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xeaf): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xef2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0xf59): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x10cb): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_arg_num': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x110a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_iargc' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_get_arg': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x1144): undefined reference to `_gfortran_getarg_i4' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x1155): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_flushout': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x118e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_flush_i4' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_findline': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x11c4): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_len_trim' SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x11f9): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_index' fast/bin/libfast.a(SysGnu-linux.o): In function `__syssubs_MOD_filesize': SysGnu-linux.f90:(.text+0x12af): undefined reference to `_gfortran_stat_i4' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_wrscr1': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x31): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_wrfilenr': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x104): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x123): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x132): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_wrpr': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x16a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x1b2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_waittime': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x219): undefined reference to `_gfortran_system_clock_4' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x25d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_system_clock_4' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_readstr': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x310): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x32c): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x33b): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x3e8): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x404): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x420): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x43a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x483): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x4e2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x50a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x529): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_readrvar': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x664): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x682): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x691): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x750): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x76e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x78a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x7a6): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x7b5): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_readrarylines': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x888): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x8b6): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x8c5): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x8df): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x927): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x970): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x9c2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xa46): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xb2a): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xb58): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xb78): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xbcc): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xc1b): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xc76): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xd03): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xd36): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xd62): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xd71): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_readrary': NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xe3b): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xe81): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xeae): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_read_done' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xec8): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xfb2): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xfe0): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_real_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0xffa): undefined reference to `_gfortran_string_trim' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x1013): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x1047): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write' NWTC_IO.f90:(.text+0x1056): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done' fast/bin/libfast.a(NWTC_IO.o): In function `__nwtc_io_MOD_readnum':

Regards,

Behnam

Hello Behnam,

I think I encountered the same error as you, I needed to install fortran in order to run successfully the compilation if I remember correctly. That is why you can see so many fortran-related errors.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Bruno

Thanks everyone for the follow-ups and additional info!!

I proceeded again with the set of instructions of the links recommended by Bonnie (had to change computer and go through everything once more). I took the createFields.H file from: OpenFOAM-2.0.x/applications/solvers/incompressible/pisoFoam
and modified as Bruno suggested.

And now I am facing a new error:

/work/rp/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/initContinuityErrs.H:37:1: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘scalar’ /work/rp/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/initContinuityErrs.H:37:29: warning: statement has no effect [-Wunused-value] pisoFoam.C:66:33: error: ‘turbfast’ was not declared in this scope In file included from pisoFoam.C:167:0: /work/rp/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/continuityErrs.H:40:5: error: ‘cumulativeContErr’ was not declared in this scope /work/rp/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readPISOControls.H:3:15: warning: unused variable ‘nOuterCorr’ [-Wunused-variable] /work/rp/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-2.0.x/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readPISOControls.H:15:16: warning: unused variable ‘transonic’ [-Wunused-variable] make: *** [Make/linuxGccDPOpt/pisoFoam.o] Error 1

The error at initContinuityErrs.H states ‘;’ before ‘scalar’. On the file itself, it looks like this:

[code]
*/

#ifndef initContinuityErrs_H
#define initContinuityErrs_H

// * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * //

scalar cumulativeContErr = 0;[/code]

The error at the pisoFoam.C file states that turbfast was not declared. This is the line it is referring to:

Info << "Number of Turbs: " << turbfast.turbNum << endl;

Any idea why turbfast is not being declared?

Ruben

Hi!

I am also trying to compile SOWFA. I have done all the tips listed here (I think), however, I still get an error.

The error I get is: ABLPisoSolver.C:207:18: error: ‘ddtPhiCorr’ is not a member of ‘Foam::fvc’

Has anyone encountered this error before? I really appreciate any help!

-Sol

Sol,

I had a same problem, it was because of the version mismatch of OpenFOAM.

What you can do :
1- Change the ddtPhiCorr to ddtCorr, which could be fine but maybe lead to other errors
OR
2- Use OpenFOAM V.2.2.2, which I did and worked without any errors.

Ali

Hi Everyone,

I am new to linux environment and trying to compile SOWFA by following the instructions given in ‘README.SOWFA’ file. After running Allwmake script, I’m getting following error

ABLTerrainSolver.C: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’: ABLTerrainSolver.C:100:21: error: ‘class Foam::pimpleControl’ has no member named ‘start’ ABLTerrainSolver.C:100:51: error: no ‘operator++(int)’ declared for postfix ‘++’ [-fpermissive] ABLTerrainSolver.C:102:24: error: ‘class Foam::pimpleControl’ has no member named ‘nOuterCorr’ ABLTerrainSolver.C:111:42: error: ‘class Foam::pimpleControl’ has no member named ‘nCorr’ In file included from ABLTerrainSolver.C:113:0: pEqn.H:24:84: error: no matching function for call to ‘Foam::pimpleControl::finalInnerIter(int&, int&)’ pEqn.H:24:84: note: candidate is: /opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/pimpleControlI.H:80:13: note: bool Foam::pimpleControl::finalInnerIter() const /opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/pimpleControlI.H:80:13: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 2 provided /opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude/readTimeControls.H:38:8: warning: unused variable ‘maxDeltaT’ [-Wunused-variable] make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/ABLTerrainSolver.o] Error 1 SOURCE=windPlantSolver.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/home/yasir/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/src/turbineModels/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantSolver.o windPlantSolver.C:54:43: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesALM.H: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantSolver.o] Error 1 SOURCE=windPlantSolverFAST.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/home/yasir/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/src/fastturb/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantSolverFAST.o windPlantSolverFAST.C:55:44: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesFAST.H: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/windPlantSolverFAST.o] Error 1 SOURCE=pisoFoamTurbine.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/yasir/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/src/turbineModels/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoamTurbine.o pisoFoamTurbine.C:38:43: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesALM.H: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoamTurbine.o] Error 1 SOURCE=pisoFoamTurbine.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/yasir/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/src/turbineModels/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoamTurbine.o pisoFoamTurbine.C:38:46: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesALM_tn.H: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/pisoFoamTurbine.o] Error 1 SOURCE=turbineTestHarness.C ; g++ -m64 -Dlinux64 -DWM_DP -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wold-style-cast -Wnon-virtual-dtor -O3 -DNoRepository -ftemplate-depth-100 -I/opt/openfoam220/src/turbulenceModels/incompressible/turbulenceModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels -I/opt/openfoam220/src/transportModels/incompressible/singlePhaseTransportModel -I/opt/openfoam220/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/yasir/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/src/turbineModels/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/opt/openfoam220/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude -fPIC -c $SOURCE -o Make/linux64GccDPOpt/turbineTestHarness.o turbineTestHarness.C:34:43: fatal error: horizontalAxisWindTurbinesALM.H: No such file or directory compilation terminated. make: *** [Make/linux64GccDPOpt/turbineTestHarness.o] Error 1 yasir@yasir93b:~/OpenFOAM/yasir-2.2.0/SOWFA_master$

I can’t figure out where I’m making mistake. Any help will be appreciated.

Yasir