Instructions for Compiling FAST

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your old answers.
Now I trying to get the .out file of the Test17, with the specific characteristics of my wind turbine. One of this characteristics is that my wind turbine isn’t onshore, it’s offshore. For that I’ve changed:

---------------------- PLATFORM ------------------------------------------------ 3 PtfmModel - Platform model {0: none, 1: onshore, 2: fixed bottom offshore, 3: floating offshore} (switch) "Platform.dat" PtfmFile - Name of file containing platform properties (quoted string) [unused when PtfmModel=0]

And my “Platform.dat” is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------- FAST PLATFORM FILE -------------------------------------- Platform characteristics ---------------------- FEATURE FLAGS (CONT) ------------------------------------ True PtfmSgDOF - Platform horizontal surge translation DOF (flag) True PtfmSwDOF - Platform horizontal sway translation DOF (flag) True PtfmHvDOF - Platform vertical heave translation DOF (flag) False PtfmRDOF - Platform roll tilt rotation DOF (flag) False PtfmPDOF - Platform pitch tilt rotation DOF (flag) False PtfmYDOF - Platform yaw rotation DOF (flag) ---------------------- INITIAL CONDITIONS (CONT) ------------------------------- 20.0 PtfmSurge - Initial or fixed horizontal surge translational displacement of platform (meters) 20.0 PtfmSway - Initial or fixed horizontal sway translational displacement of platform (meters) 20.0 PtfmHeave - Initial or fixed vertical heave translational displacement of platform (meters) 0.0 PtfmRoll - Initial or fixed roll tilt rotational displacement of platform (degrees) 0.0 PtfmPitch - Initial or fixed pitch tilt rotational displacement of platform (degrees) 0.0 PtfmYaw - Initial or fixed yaw rotational displacement of platform (degrees) ---------------------- TURBINE CONFIGURATION (CONT) ---------------------------- 7.5 TwrDraft - Downward distance from the ground level [onshore] or MSL [offshore] to the tower base platform connection (meters) 15.0 PtfmCM - Downward distance from the ground level [onshore] or MSL [offshore] to the platform CM (meters) 30.0 PtfmRef - Downward distance from the ground level [onshore] or MSL [offshore] to the platform reference point (meters) ---------------------- MASS AND INERTIA (CONT) --------------------------------- 7466.330 PtfmMass - Platform mass (kg) 4229230.0 PtfmRIner - Platform inertia for roll tilt rotation about the platform CM (kg m^2) 4229230.0 PtfmPIner - Platform inertia for pitch tilt rotation about the platform CM (kg m^2) 164230.0 PtfmYIner - Platform inertia for yaw rotation about the platform CM (kg m^2) ---------------------- PLATFORM (CONT) ----------------------------------------- 1 PtfmLdMod - Platform loading model {0: none, 1: user-defined from routine UserPtfmLd} (switch)

When I include this part I get some error like:

Error: FF wind array was exhausted at 0 seconds <trying to access data at -0.95724 seconds>. Error getting velocity in AeroDyn/AD_WindVelocityWIthDisturbance<>.

I found for this error in this forum, and I found it here: Error from FF .wnd file when running 'FAST'

I’ve changed that, but I have the same error.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks for all.