FAST 8.10 Test Cases 18-25 in Simulink

Dear all,

I’ve downloaded the new version of FAST, namely FAST 8.10. I want to use the Simulink Interface, so I read this article [url]https://wind.nrel.gov/nwtc/docs/README_FAST8.pdf[/url]. I could run the test cases 1-17, but I couldn’t run 18-25. The error is written below:

"
Error using Run_OpenLoop (line 30)
Error reported by S-function ‘FAST_SFunc’ in ‘OpenLoop/FAST Nonlinear Wind
Turbine/S-Function’:
FAST_InitializeAll:SrvD_Init:Yaw angle and rate are not commanded from Simulink model.
Pitch angles are not commanded from Simulink model.
Generator torque and power are not commanded from Simulink model.
HSS brake is not commanded from Simulink model.
SrvD_Init:BladedInterface_Init:The dynamic library
…..\CertTest\5MW_Baseline/ServoData\DISCON_win32.dll could not be loaded. Check that
the file exists in the specified location and that it is compiled for 64-bit systems.

"

Besides, the project which I’m going to involve is more like test cases number 18-25, so I need to run these cases.
Please kindly let me know what the problem is.

Regards,

Dear Imam,

It is the last line where the error is mentioned (the rest of the messages are just warnings):

It looks you are running 64-bit MATLAB/Simulink with a 64-bit FAST S-Function, but trying to use the 32-bit DISCON controller. You need to ensure that the addressing schemes are the same. On line 64 of the ServoDyn input file, you should change “ServoData\DISCON_win32.dll” to “ServoData\DISCON_x64.dll” to use the 64-bit version of the DISCON controller.

Best regards,

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you very much for your explanations. It is solved.

Regards,

Dear Jason,

Can you please tell me the path to the ServoDyn input file?

Thanks in advance.

Dear Jonathan,

The filename (including path) of the ServoDyn input file are specified within the FAST primary input (*.fst) file.

Best regards,

Thank you Jason,

your help is greatly appreciated.

Dear Jason

i’m using matlab2018a and fastv8, and trying to run test24 in matlab, i’ve changed “ServoData\DISCON_win32.dll” to “ServoData\DISCON_x64.dll” but it still has an error:

SrvD_Init:BladedInterface_Init:The dynamic library …..\CertTest\5MW_Baseline/ServoData/DISCON_OC3Hywind_win32.dll
could not be loaded. Check that the file exists in the specified location and that it is compiled for 64-bit
applications

I confirm that I changed the correct file as you said above. could you help me pls ?

Regards.

Dear Rui,

I would guess that you haven’t changed the correct ServoDyn input file or did not press save after changing it.

Best regards,

Dear Jason

Thanks for your quick reply.
I am sure I changed the names of all input files correctly.I got the path from .fst and changed them step by step.And must be saved.
but it doesn’t work.
If I change to an old version of matlab will it be useful?

Regards.

Dear Rui,

I would still guess that you are changing the incorrect ServoDyn input file. I would suggest copying your input files to a new directory and running the simulation from that directory.

Best regards,

Dear Jason

I checked my work steps again.
I found the input file as below .

and i change the name of the dll file.

Are my steps correct? Hope you can point me.

Regards.

Dear Rui.Hao,

Yes, these look correct to me.

Best regards,

Dear Jason

i’m using matlabR2022a and fastv8, and trying to run test18 in matlab, i’ve changed “ServoData\DISCON_win32.dll” to “ServoData\DISCON_x64.dll” but it still has an error:

SrvD_Init:BladedInterface_Init:The dynamic library …..\CertTest\5MW_Baseline/ServoData/DISCON_win32.dll could not be loaded. Check that the file exists in the specified location and that it is compiled for 64-bit
applications

I checked my work steps and I change the name of the dll file.

I am sure I changed the names of all input files correctly.I got the path from .fst and changed them step by step.And must be saved.
but it doesn’t work.

could you help me pls ?

Regards.

Dear @Xiang.Li,

All you changed is line 66 in your ServoDyn input file (NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Onshore_ServoDyn.dat) from “ServoData\DISCON_Win32.dll” to “SevoData/DISCON_x64.dll”, correct?

Do you have two DISCON DLLs in your CertTest/5MW_Baseline/ServoData directory, one named DISCON_Win32.dll and one named DISCON.x64.dll? You didn’t rename these DLLs, correct?

Best regards,

Dear Jason

I changed all the ServoDyn input files from “ServoData\DISCON_Win32.dll ” to “SevoData/DISCON_x64.dll ”,
from“ServoData\DISCON_OC3Hywind_Win32.dll”to“DISCON_OC3Hywind_x64.dll” and so on.
Then it’s working.
Are my steps correct? Hope you can point me.

Regards.

Dear @Xiang.Li,

Yes, that makes sense when running a 64-bit executable of FAST v8.

Best regards,

Dear Jason

Thank you,your help is greatly appreciated.
Sorry, I have another problem. I tried to use FASTv7 for linearization, but I couldn’t find the file “NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Linear. dat”
could you help me pls ?

Regards.

Dear Jason

I have downloaded it from GitHub.

Regards.