Error:‘GF wind was exhaust’ when using OLAF with turbulent wind

Dear all,
When I applied turbulent wind files generated by turbsim and OLAF to simulate IEA 15MW UMaineSemi, the following error occurred.
微信图片_20240108154703

here is my OLAF file settings:

The same turbulent wind file was used to simulate a 15MW UMaineSemi with BEM, and no such error was reported.
I would like to know the possible causes of this error.

Best regards,

Dear @He.Li,

Which version of OpenFAST are you using?

There are a couple of puzzling things with the error message. The message states (trying to access data at NaN seconds). IT_Lo=-2147483647, IT_Hi=-2147483646. The concerning thing is the NaN seconds, and the indices that given for IT_Lo and IT_Hi are negative. This may indicate a bug in the wind retrieving calculations, but without knowing exactly which version of OpenFAST you are using, I can’t say for certain.

Regards,

Dear @Andy.Platt ,
I used OpenFAST v3.5.1 and the controller is ROSCO-v2.8.0.
Best regards,

Dear @He.Li,

My apologies for the delay in replying. You may have already found a solution to your problem, but if not, there may be a bug in OLAF that will need addressing.

We recently posted a release version 3.5.2 with some minor bug fixes, but I don’t think any new bug fixes for InflowWind or OLAF are included.

Regards,

Dear @He.Li,
I encountered similar issues when using Turbsim and OLAF modules to run some tests. I have seen several topics about similar issues on both the NREL and Github forum, but it seems that there is no solution to the above issue, so can you tell me if the above issue have been resolved. I tried to set AnalysisTime very large in the inp file of the Turbsim module, but it turned out to be an inefficient method. I have increased AnalysisTime by 10 times, but the time I can run OPENFAST normally has only increased by a few tens of seconds.