Wind power + wave power at once!

Hello, all!
I would like to know if it is possible to set up a simulation of wind power and wave power at once?
I want to have a deep water wind turbine that will perform wind power + wave power at once. Is it possible? I am thinking to make an improvement to floating wind farms like these: http://www.evolving-science.com/environment/floating-wind-farm-installed-coast-scotland-00336
Is it possible to perform this simulation with FAST, since it is for wind turbines?
Any references helpful!
Best,
Ian

Dear Ian,

The article you linked to refers to the Hywind-Scotland floating offshore wind farm. This wind farm extracts wind energy, but not energy from the waves. Are you referring to combining floating offshore wind turbines with wave-energy devices?

FAST can be used to model individual floating offshore wind turbines, but not including wind-farm effects or wave-energy devices. The soon-to-be-released FAST.Farm tool can be used to model full wind farms, but again, does not consider wave-energy devices.

Best regards,

Hey,
Yes, I am referring to combine floating wind turbines with wave-energy devices. It would be cool to have something like that.

Thanks, I’ll need to learn more and combine two simulations, or something similar.
Do you have some useful references, books, and sources?
Best,
Ian

Hi Ian,

I have not done work on combined floating offshore wind turbines with wave-energy devices myself, but I’m sure you can find some work in the literature e.g. I know that the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has done some research in that area.

Best regards,