Unable to compile FAST in Intel Fortran Compiler

Hello all,

I have the intel fortran compiler 10.1.024 & I want to compile the FAST using that compiler. I am getting error messages & I attached the screen shot herewith.

Thanks in advance

-Tuhin

When posting error messages from the compiler, please post the first error message(s). The ones at the end are usually just a result of the first file not compiling, so they don’t provide too much useful information.

That said, I’m guessing the first error comes in SysIVF.f90 and says something about the gamma function. You’re using a fairly old version of the Intel compiler, and it doesn’t support the f08 gamma() function. If you can’t use a newer compiler, you’ll have to replace the calls to gamma() in NWTC_gammaR4(), NWTC_gammaR8(), and NWTC_gammaR16() in SysIVF.f90 with something else. If you aren’t going to use HydroDyn’s multi-directional waves or the IceDyn module, you could just return 1.0 so it compiles. Otherwise, you’ll have to come up with a gamma() function.

Bonnie,

Thanks a lot. The Intel Fortran compiler that I had was the 2008 version, so it was not supporting the Gamma() call. But FAST is working perfectly well in 2010 version compiler. Thanks once again for such a useful comments.

Regards,
Tuhin.

Dear everyone,

When I compiled OPENFAST (version 3.5.0) with visual studio 2019, I was prompted that the path to FAST_SUBS might not be correct, but I’m sure it exists. I searched for the relevant information, but could not find the answer, how to solve this?

Any reply will be appreciated

Dear @Yao.Tian,

A couple comments:

• When receiving compiling errors in Visual Studio, I would suggest looking at the Output window rather than the error list. Usually the first error reported in the Output window is the most informative.
  • I would suggest posting OpenFAST compiling-related questions on the OpenFAST github site: Issues · OpenFAST/openfast · GitHub, where it is likely to receive more attention from the OpenFAST development team. This forum is better suited for OpenFAST usage-related questions

Best regards,

Dear @Jason.Jonkman

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will try to solve my problem.

Best regards.