OC4 Jacket: Parametric study about the geometry - Mesh-Error

Hello everyone,

I work as a research assistant besides my study at the Leibniz University Hannover. I currently concentrate on preparing a parametric study of the OC4 jacket, studying varying geometric configurations. These different configurations are generated via Latin-Hypercube-Sampling and are written in the HydroDyn and SubDyn Input files by a matlab routine. For some reason a destination point associated with a source point can’t be found:

FAST_InitializeAll:InitModuleMappings:HD_M_L_2_SD_P:MeshMapCreate:CreateLoadMap_L2_to_P:CreateMapping_NearestNeighbor:Failed to find destination point associated with source point.

I changed the joint-, member- and cross-section-sections and WaveHeight /WavePeriod/WaveDirection in the files, so the problem should correlate with the adapted joint and member section. Otherwise the matlab routine might be corrupt - although I have checked the way the mesh is generated. The investigation of the SubDyn and HydroDyn user guides didn’t help. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Both input files are annexed.

Thanks and best regards,

Jan Niklas
NRELOffshrBsline5MW_OC4Jacket_SubDyn.txt (7.68 KB)
NRELOffshrBsline5MW_OC4Jacket_HydroDyn.txt (87.9 KB)

Dear Jan Niklas

Sorry for the slow response. I was able to reproduce your error, but in so doing realized that the problem was related to a bug in the Line2-to-Point mapping search for loads. But the bug has now been fixed–see: Interpolation issue Line2_to_point in FAST. By applying the fix, you model now runs without error.

Best regards,