NREL 5 MW OpenFAST model repo

Hello,

Is there any “official” repository with updated OpenFAST model of NREL 5 MW (last OpenFAST version)?
If not, where can I find last version of NREL 5 MW (OpenFAST or FAST)?

Dear @Deza.Nicolas,

The land-based and offshore fixed-bottom and floating variants of the NREL 5-MW baseline wind turbine are available for the newest version(s) of OpenFAST as examples in the OpenFAST r-test: https://github.com/OpenFAST/r-test/tree/main/glue-codes/openfast.

Best regards,

I have seen that model, but I am missing control files for onshore WTG. I can generate dll compiling .f90 files, but I don’t find DISCON.IN.

Dear @Deza.Nicolas,

The baseline DISCON controllers for the NREL 5-MW turbines do not rely on a DISCON.IN input file; instead, all of the parameters used by these controllers are hard-coded within the source file (which can be changed at compile time).

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

I installed new OpenFAST v3.5.3, and downloaded the new examples given in the above link you shared. I want to use a normal 5MW_Baseline, but I can’t see an example for the updated input file (.inp) and the ElastoDyn.dat file to change the configuration of the wind turbine, as it used to be before… Can you please guide me to find them?

Kindest regards

Younes

Dear @Younes.Oudich,

Are you referring to the land-based model of the NREL 5-MW baseline wind turbine? This model OpenFAST model is available in the following OpenFAST r-test: r-test/glue-codes/openfast/5MW_Land_DLL_WTurb at main · OpenFAST/r-test · GitHub.

Best regards,

1 Like

Dear @Jason.Jonkman ,

Thank you so much for the guidance!

Kindest regards

Dear all,
I want to know if someone can share the front drives provided by Sowfa before ? I remember the data of the three turbines.

Best Regards,