MCR 7.16 for 64bit Windows

Dear Jason,

I am trying to run MLife without MATLAB on my 64bit Windows OS. I have found the 32bit version, but it does not work. I would appreciate it very much, if you can provide access to the proper MCR installer.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Have you tried the MATLAB Compiler Runtime executable version 7.16 for Windows 64-bit found here on the MCrunch website: nrel.gov/wind/nwtc/assets/d … taller.exe?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

thanks a lot for your quick response. Yes, I have tried this MCR, but I get the attached errormessage:

Best regards,

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Are the files you extracted from the archive MCRInstaller.exe in the search path when you run MLife_win64.exe?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

yes, I´ve added the path to the environment variables. There is only a win32 folder, the win64 folder is missing.

Best regards,
Thomas

Dear Thomas,

I’m sorry, but I’m not sure how to help. This archive is now quite old and I was not the one to originally provide it. Further discussion on MCRInstaller.exe is provided in the following forum topic; perhaps this discussion is useful for you: MCrunch (compiled version) - #2 by Jason.Jonkman?

Alternatively, you should be able to run a 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows. What error are you getting?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

I am very grateful for your attempt to help me. I have reproduced the function wblcfd from the MATLAB toolbox ‘statistics and machine learning’ and I am able to use MLife now. If anyone is facing the same problem, he or she is welcome to contact me.

Best regards,
Thomas

Dear @Thom.Barsch,

I read the discussion above and realise that i have the same problem.
In fact, i downloaded the MCRInstaller from the link provided by Jason Jonckman. Unfortunately, my pc is 64 bit and the file when installed contains only files for windows 32 bits.

Could you please help me ? I didn’t understand exactly what you did .

Thank u in advance,

Riad

Hi @Thom.Barsch

I have been having the same issue you experienced. It would be really great to know how you fixed it.

Best regards,
Karthik

Dear Barsch,
Good evening! I have faced the same problem while trying to run and install MLife_win64.exe. I would be grateful to you if you help me in this regards. Thank you