ITI Barge4 hydrodynamic coefficients

Dear all,

I was analizing the ITI Barge4 hydrodynamic coefficients (added mass and damping coefficients) calculated with WAMIT when I realize that there does not match these values with coefficients showed in ‘Dynamics Modeling and Loads Analysis of an Offshore Floating Wind Turbine’ in page 83. I suppose that there are undimensionalized. But, which is the undimensinalized value? Is it water density (1025 g/ml)?

Thanks in advance,
JOE

Dear JOE,

Actually, the hydrodynamic coefficients plotted on page 83 of the report you reference are fully dimensional (including water density, length scale, etc.).

Best regards,

Dear Jonkman,

Thank for your reply.

I agree on the hydrodynamic coefficients plotted on page 83 of the report I reference it that are fully dimensional. But I was refering to coefficients on the file (barge.1), because if I plot it has not the same value as referenced page plots.

These file (barge.1) coefficients are undimensionalize? And if they are, is the water density (1025g/ml) the correlative value?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
JOE

Dear JOE,

Yes, the WAMIT output files (including the *.1 file) are nondimensional. See my post dated Jul 01, 2011 in the following forum post for more information: WAMIT - #4 by Jason.Jonkman.

Best regards,

Dear Jonkman,

Thank you so much for taking time for the reply.

Was that the answer that I was searching. I didn’t realize that you clarified the topic previusly in the forum, sorry.

Best regards,
JOE