How to run TurbSim and AeroDyn?

How do I run TurbSim and OpenFast?

I downloaded the OpenFAST v3.2.1 file ( FAST.Farm_x64.exe , FAST.Farm_x64_OMP.exe ,
FAST_SFunc.mexw64 , OpenFAST-Simulink_x64.dll , openfast_x64.exe , TurbSim_x64.exe ) .
I also dowloaded the code from the repository GitHub - OpenFAST/openfast: Main repository for the NREL-supported OpenFAST whole-turbine and FAST.Farm wind farm simulation codes.
and found that reg_test/r_test folder is empty. How can I test the openfast_x64.exe file than? Why r_test folder is empty? When I go through the github folder I found every file in r_test folder.

After going through this issue I got confused. I just want to run TurbSim file and AeroDyn file. Please help me. How can I simply run this code? I am using windows 10 operating system.

Dear @Aman.Ali,

The OpenFAST regression tests (at the module and full OpenFAST levels) are available in the r-test repository (GitHub - OpenFAST/r-test), not the source code repository (GitHub - OpenFAST/openfast: Main repository for the NREL-supported OpenFAST whole-turbine and FAST.Farm wind farm simulation codes.).

Running any of the software (OpenFAST, TurbSim, standalone AeroDyn driver) follows the same process, using the syntax described, e.g., in my post dated Aug 7, 2020 in the following issue on OpenFAST: https://github.com/OpenFAST/openfast/issues/434.

To run the standalone AeroDyn driver (uncoupled from OpenFAST), you must compile the driver source code because a precompiled binary executable of the standalone AeroDyn driver is not provided on the OpenFAST github repository. That said, the source code and compiling scripts are provided. On Windows, I find using the Intel Fortran Compiler with Visual Studio the most straightforward (downloading/installing the compiler is the hardest step).

Best regards,