Gforce error

Hi all,

I have created a windturbine model in Adams 2005 and linked it with Aerodyn.
At present, I am getting the following error:

ERROR: User function for GFORCE model_1.GFORCE_11010 has been incorrectly specified.
Function AX in the FUNCTION = statement refers to MARKER 11010 which
has not been defined in the data set.
ERROR: User function for GFORCE model_1.GFORCE_11010 has been incorrectly specified.
Function AX in the FUNCTION = statement refers to MARKER 4191 which
has not been defined in the data set.
ERROR: Error calling INFFNC for pitch angle.
ID = 11010

However, I DID define marker 11010 and 4191, so I don’t understand what I did wrong.

Have I made a mistake while compiling the f90 files of aerodyn, or is there a mistake in my adams model?

thanks,

Lysander

Dear Lysander,

It looks like you did compile the AeroDyn and A2AD .f90 files correctly because these errors were generated while running ADAMS at runtime. So, I suspect you have an error in your ADAMS dataset. You made this dataset by hand, correct? Have you followed all of the requirements (naming conventions, etc.) specified in the A2AD User’s Guide?

I’m sorry, but without more information, but I’m not sure how to solve the problem.

Best regards,

I found the problem and my model is running beautifully now!!!
thanks for all the help.

My final question is about the request subroutine.

How do I ask the value of the POWER required/produced by the wind-turbine?
Is there a code I should add to the request subroutine? Or should I calculate it myself…

Dear Lysander,

Power = Torque * Speed. So, you can calculate power in a REQUEST statement by meseaurring torque and speed and multiplying them together. This will give the mechanical power in the shaft. The electrical power will be less due to conversion effeciency losses. You must model these effects if you want to calculate the electrical power output.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,