FAST.Farm

Hi Dear Jason,
I want to know when FAST.Farm will release?
I need it in my PhD thesis.
Best Regards,

Dear Vahid,

We are working on preparing FAST.Farm for public release and expect to release it soon (hopefully in September).

In the meantime, we recently presented a validation of FAST.Farm against large-eddy (SOWFA) simulations) at the TORQUE 2018 conference. You can find the corresponding paper here: doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1037/6/062005.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
Thanks a lot for your attention.
I am waiting intensively to release it.
Best regards,

Dear Jason,
i am waiting intensively to release FAST.Farm, Because i need it a lot in my PhD thesis.
and i read your paper about FAST.farm against large-eddy (SOWFA) simulations, at the TORQUE 2018 conference and it help me so much.
Best regards,

Dear Vahid,

We are currently completing a few things in preparation for the FAST.Farm release:
*We are assessing the sensitivity of FAST.Farm predictions to the use of synthetic versus high-fidelity precursor ambient wind data.
*We are studying the sensitivity of FAST.Farm predictions to the spatial-temporal discretization.
*We are completing the documentation especially with regards to providing modeling guidance.
*We are completing the implementation of the wind-farm super-controller.

We will release FAST.Farm as soon as these steps are done, but unfortunately we won’t make the September estimate.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
Thank you so much for your attention.
I am waiting intensively.
Best regards,

Hello,Jason

I want to know something about super control about FAST.farm, Do you have some paper or draft about that.I want to learn that.

Best Regards

Ruiliang.Wang

Dear Ruiliang,

The interface to the super controller in FAST.Farm is identical to that developed for SOWFA. The super controller allows the user of FAST.Farm to implement their own wind-farm-wide control logic. The inputs to the super controller are the global (e.g., wind) measurements or measurements from individual turbine controllers, and the outputs of the super controller are the controller commands globally and to individual turbine controllers. NREL has been using the FLORIS software to develop the wind farm control logic.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your reply,but I cann’t find any help documents about super control from SOWFA and FLORIS. Do you publish that in the fast.farm?

Best Regards

Ruiliang.Wang

Dear Ruiliang,

You can find SOWFA here: github.com/WISDEM/FLORISSE.

We’ll provide further documentation on the super controller in the FAST.Farm documentation, once released.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
I am waiting intensively to release Fast.Farm,
Will it be released in this month?
Best regards,

Dear Vahid,

We have now completed the first item on the list I identified in my Sep 24, 2018 post above, but we are still working on the others. Please find the paper associated with assessing the sensitivity of FAST.Farm predictions to the use of synthetic versus high-fidelity precursor ambient wind data attached.

Fast_FARM____InflowComparison_PAPER_Final.pdf (3.78 MB)
Best regards,

Dear Jason,
Thank you so much for your attention.
I am waiting intensively.
Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Is there a confirmed release date or perhaps a tentative time for release of Fast.Farm?

Kind regards,
Narender Singh

Dear Narender,

We are in currently finalizing the super controller and documentation for an imminent release.

The sensitivity of FAST.Farm predictions to the spatial-temporal discretization was presented at the Wake Conference in May, 2019; find the paper attached.

Shaler_2019_J._Phys. _Conf._Ser._1256_012023.pdf (2.62 MB)
Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thank you for the information. I look forward to the imminent release.

Kind regards,
Narender Singh

Dear Jason,
i am waiting intensively to release FAST.Farm, Because i need it a lot in my PhD thesis.
When will this software be released?
Best Regards

Dear Vahid,

The release is imminent, but has taken longer than expected due to other commitments.

I just sent you a link via e-mail to the prerelease of FAST.Farm.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,
I am so grateful of your attention.
Best regards,
Vahid Fazlollahi

Dear Jason,

Could you please also share the prerelease with me?

regards,
Narender