FAST error while simulating floating WT

Hi,
I met some errors during I was using FAST to simulate a 5MW floating WT.And I don’t know what these errors are.

FYI.When I used FAST to simulate an onshore WT with the same turbine configuration,there’s no error came out.
Could you tell me how to figure out these errors.
Thanks.

Best regard,
Yang

Dear Yang Zhang,

It looks like the code is bombing on line 4043 of HydroCalc.f90, which is a line where the WAMIT data from the *.1 file (the file that contains the frequency-dependent added mass and damping matrices) is being read in. Is the WAMIT *.1 file you are using something you generated yourself or something NREL has provided to you? Have you had success running a simulation with this *.1 file before?

Best regards,

Dear Jason
Thanks for replying.I didn’t generate the WAMIT output files by myself.I just copy the file directly from your thesis “Dynamics Modeling and Loads Analysis of an Offshore Floating Wind Turbine”.And I realize what’s going wrong in my simulation.In your thesis,you deleted some lines in the WAMIT output files and I didn’t notice before.
Could you send me the full vision of these WAMIT output files in your thesis to me?

Thanks in advance,
Yang

Dear Yang Zhang,

You can find the complete FAST model (including WAMIT output files) of the NREL 5-MW turbine atop the ITI Energy barge here: wind.nrel.gov/public/jjonkman/NR … Barge4.zip.

Best regards,

Dear Jason
Thanks a lot for your generous help.These files are very useful for me.

Best regards,
Yang