Effective wind speed, individual blades

Hi,

I use FAST in Simulink. I want to have the effective wind speed of each blade as an output in the FAST Simulink block.
Is there a way I could define that?

Best regards,
Mahmood

Dear Mahmood,

Any standard FAST output parameter can be output from the FAST block in Simulink. However, the wind speeds local to sections along the blade are not standard FAST output parameters in the present version of FAST. So, the only way to do this would be modify the FAST source code to add the desired output parameters, and recompile the FAST S-Function for Simulink. I don’t think that this would be extremely difficult, but it is required.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thanks for the help, now I am trying to figure out where I can define these outputs and any hints (pointing me to the source code file, code line, etc) will help me a great deal.
(This is the first time I am trying to go under the hood of FAST! )

Bests,
Mahmood

Dear Mahmood,

I don’t have the time to give a complete step-by-step set of instructions. To help you get started, however, I’ll tell you that the all of the FAST output parameters are computed within SUBROUTINE CalcOuts() of source file FAST.f90. You’re going to dig through the source code a bit to understand exactly what needs to be done.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,