Compiling FAST with BladedDLLInterface

Hi,
I’m going on with DLL related work in FAST. I partially implemented part of the work as per this previous post

[url]FAST feature request]

After the test of various combination of OS/compilers/prog-languages actually I’m quite satisfied with following (peculiar is that is free)

• Linux OS (Fedora distro)
  • Intel FORTRAN Compiler for Linux
  • custom BladedDLLInterface …( the external library could be C or FORTRAN, actually C cause I’m more proficient with it)
  • “very” custom FAST build, this allow for:
    1. custom DLL,procedure specified in the primary input file and not hard-code at compile-time)
    2. real-time simulation with external hardware-in-the-loop (if required external condition are met, as speed of the overall system/communication )
      I added an option to “slow down” sim to stick to real-time, if somehow the sim is already slower or near real time thi feature is unusable

PS: differently from CENER I link and load dinamically also on Linux

TODO

• feed aerodyn with a real wind coming from external controller (will be hh wind of course)… this is really interesting for me! is this possible? I’m studing the aerodyn interface
  • as usual, explain a little better with a blog article on my page
  • turn code OS/Compiler independent (that thing about ISO_C_BINDING I mentioned before) !!!

all these things basically allow me to use FAST-RT (as I refer to for distinguish from normal FAST) as a simulator for real turbine controller… trying to emulate what Bladed does

maybe I’m missing something else I did in the development process… but as a philosophy I tryed to change the minimum in the original code
maybe someone else is interested and maybe the features can be implemented in a future release… when the time come

cheers, as usual
ste