Coherence structure

Dear sir,
I am studying the coherence structure recently. By refering to the user manual about turbsim, I encountered the following questions:

1. Does the spatial coherent structure module in turbsim make the wind speed of each point in the wind field consistent with the speed of the reference point (eliminate the difference between the two points? Phase difference)
  2. If I use the “IECKAI” wind spectrum, can I still consider the coherence structure?
  3. What is the relationship between the “Non-IEC Meteorological Boundary Conditions” module and the coherence structure?
  4. I need to use the coherence structure in turbsim Which parameters to adjust? After refering to the help manual about turbsim, I don’t understand “DistScl”, “CTLy”, and “CTLz” very well. Is it the relative position of the reference point?
  5. Can openfast3.0 perform coherence structure analysis?
    There are many problems,thank you for your patience!
    Best regard!

Dear @Hairui.Jiang,

A few quick responses, with (5) being the most important:

1. I’m not sure I understand your question.
  2. No, the “superimposed coherent turbulent structures” are not available with the IEC spectral models.
  3. I don’t think I can add more to what is documented in the TurbSim User’s Guide.
  4. I don’t think I can add more to what is documented in the TurbSim User’s Guide.
  5. The use of the “Superimposed coherent turbulent structures (*.cts files)” associated with TurbSim output is one of the few features that were available in FAST v7 that was not implemented in FAST v8 (or OpenFAST as of v3.1), at least not yet. If you want to use those, it would be easiest to use FAST v7.

Best regards,