Validation of Linear System

Dear Jason,

Following are the answer to you questions.

• Please see the attachment for the nonlinear solution when simple variable-speed torque control is enabled ( from (1))

• Settings for the simple variable-speed torque control:

VS_RtGnSp = 480
VS_RtTq = 200000
VS_Rgn2K = 0.2
VS_SlPc = 1

Looking forward to your reply.

With Regards
Syed Shah
Comparison of SrvD GenTq ED RotSpeed ED GenSpeed_simple variable-speed torque control.zip (386 KB)

Dear Syed,

Ah, now I see what is going on. You’ve linearized the simple variable-speed torque controller at the most nonlinear part of the curve i.e. at the “knee” of the curve transitioning between Regions 2.5 and 3. The linear model will not compare well to the nonlinear model at this point because the linear model cannot handle the nonlinearities of the “knee”.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

so what you are suggesting me is that i should wait a little more before applying linearization? How to avoid nonlinearities of the “knee”? I want to do linearization in region 3.

With Regards
Syed Shah

Dear Syed,

It is common to linearize in Region 3 with a constant torque i.e. change VS_RtGnSp to be a bit below the actual rated generator speed such that when you linearize the change in generator torque with speed is zero. In this case, the linear model should match well to your case (2), but not your case (1). It will not be possible for your linear model to match case (1) because of the strong nonlinearities involved in case (1).

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thank you for you help. i solved the issue with your advice.

With Regards
Syed Shah