RunIEC accessibility

Hi,

I am a student who begins working on wind turbine fatigue load analysis. I am trying to use TurbSim, FAST and Mlife to conduct fatigue load estimation considering input environmental variables as wind speed, wave height, peak-spectral period and wave direction and I want to see the effect of these variables on fatigue load estimation. However, I have some questions about how to implement such process, specifically how to create a readable input file for FAST that contains the information of these variables. Some references I consulted refer to the design codes RunIEC, but the user’s guide of RunIEC provides broken URL links. So I am wondering could anyone give me some advice about my problem? Thanks very much!

Dear Qiyun,

A similar question has been asked before–see e.g. the forum topic found here: NWTC Design Codes - General Questions. Unfortunately, we have not yet been budgeted the time to upgrade our internal RunIEC script enough to support its public distribution.

Best regards,

Hi Jason,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Can I also ask about how to set input variables of wave conditions like wave height, peak-spectral period and wave direction for FAST without RunIEC script? Now I can only set input variable of wind speed, but besides wind speed, I do not find the channels to set wave conditions in FAST input file. Could you please give me some advice or recommend some reference about this? Thank you very much.

Dear Qiyun,

I’m assuming you are using FAST v8, where set the wave conditions in the HydroDyn input file. See the draft HydroDyn User’s Guide and Theory Manual for more information.

Best regards,

Hi Jason,

Oh, I see. Actually I was using FAST v7. Thank you very much.

Hello,

as some years have past since the last one asked for the RunIEC script, I wanted to ask if any progress has been made and maybe some alpha version is available now?

Alternatively, would it be possible to get the old RunIEC or RunNTM to have a starting point for the own script so I don’t have to start from scratch?

Best regards,

Matthias

Dear Matthias,

I’ve sent you the old archives of RunIEC and RunNTM to you by e-mail.

I hope you find them useful.

Best regards,

Dear Dr. Jason,

Could you please send me a copy of old archives of RunIEc and RunNTM by email as well. Thanks you ahead of time.

Regards,

Chrlie

Dear Charlie,

I’ve sent you the old archives of RunIEC and RunNTM to you by e-mail.

I hope you find them useful.

Best regards,

Dr. Jason,

Is it possible for you to send me the old archives of RunIEC and RunNTM as well? I am making my own code to run through the NWTC codes, but it would be useful to have some reference.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks,

David Huitema

Sent.

Hello everyone,
Could Jason or someone who earlier received the RunIEC and RunNTM scripts share it with me by email, please?

Thanks,
Shubham

Dear Subham,

I’ve now sent you the files via WeTransfer.

Best regards,