Reading Some variables

Hi ,

Here I am again some weeks later …

Now I am doing some tries with my discon.dll and FAST

I want to be able to read all the variables that appears in my discon.dll

In particular, for example, how can I read the torque demand or pitch demand or any others? :open_mouth:

Thanks in adavance

Mikel

Dear Mikel,

I’m not sure what you mean when you say that you want “to read all the variables that appear in my discon.dll”? :blush:

I suspect you are asking one of the following:

1. You want to have the discon.dll read-in a file of constants for use by the DLL.
  2. You want to know how to pass the control demands (torque demand, pitch demand, etc.) from the DLL to FAST.
  3. You want to know how to include the control demands passed from the DLL to FAST in FAST’s output file containing time series data.

Am I anywhere close to what you are asking? Please clarify.

Best regards,

Hi Jason !!!

Thanks for your interest

You are right.
What I want to know is the answer to point number 3… :blush:

Thanks again

Mikel

Dear Mikel,

The demanded generator torque from the DLL is available through output channel GenTq.

Since FAST has no built-in actuator, the demanded pitch angle from the DLL becomes the actual pitch angle in FAST, which is available through output channel BlPitchX, where X = 1, 2, or 3 for blades 1, 2, or 3, respectively (for example, for blade 1, use BlPitch1).

The high-speed shaft brake torque resulting from the brake status demand from the DLL is available through output channel HSSBrTq [the actual brake status (0 = off, 1 = full on) is not an available output].

Finally, the actual yaw angle (position) and actual yaw rate are available through output channels YawPos and YawRate, respectively. However, since you’ve asked this question, I now realize that the demanded yaw rate from the DLL, which may be different than the actual yaw rate if the yaw actuator is enabled by enabling the YawDOF, is not an available output channel. If you would like this to be, I can add it to my to-do list. Please let me know.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Hello again,

I am doing some tests between my “discon”, fast, bladed and Matlab
In my “discon.dll” I have a log where I write some internals calculations and I would like to check if I am having the same internal results in the control functions, in my runs of fast, bladed and Matlab

Which is the way to read this internal calculations of my logger of the discon?
How do I do work with my log in the discon and fast ?

Thanks in advance.

Mikel

Dear Mikel,

Again I am not sure what you asking. :cry:

It sounds to me like you have written a DISCON.dll controller that interfaces separately to FAST, Bladed, and MATLAB and you want to test to ensure that they all communicate with your DLL correctly. It also sounds like your DLL writes a record of internal calculations to a log. Is this log written to a file accessable outside of the DLL? If not, I suggest you I modify your DLL so that the log is written to a file. Then I suspect all you would need to do is to run of series of simulations with FAST/DISCON, Bladed/DISCON, and MATLAB/DISCON and compare the results of your log files.

Please clarify your question if I am on the wrong track to answering it. :blush:

Best regards,