Questions about the HydroDyn Module

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your prompt response. Forgive me to add one more question since I forgot to ask.

Although the center of gravity is updated automatically, but from another post (Question regarding HydroDyn Strip Theory Implementation - #3 by Daniel.Walia)
and the HydroDyn manual (page 36) it looks that we need to add the hydrostatic
restoring matrix associated with ballasted members manually.

Let’s look at the following equation, if we are using a hybrid potential-flow and strip-theory model for all the members (including ballasted members), Can I say that only the terms mfgxf, mfgyf, -mfgzf in AddCLin(4,4), AddCLin(4,6), AddCLin(5,5) and AddCLin(5,6) are necessary to be defined in the AddCLin matrix of the HydroDyn input file, when ballasted members are added to an existing platform? Because the other terms associated with the undisplaced platform have already been defined by potential-flow theory in the Wamit file *.hst. Is my understanding correct?

Can the center of mass of ballasting (xf, yf, zf) and the ballasting mass mf be output by FAST?

In addition to AddCLin matrix and change of gravity center, will the ballasted members bring other effects to the floating wind turbine system that we need to input information to some other place of the HydroDyn or ElastoDyn file?

Is it possible to directly output from FAST or calculate from the output of a FAST simulation, the buoyancy center, the gravity center and the metacenter height of a platform, at each time instant? I found these are three important parameters when analyzing the hydrostatic stability of a floating system. If not, just asking by the way that will you/your team have a plan to include them in future development of the code?

Thank you so much.
Best Regards,
Yingyi Liu