Interface for DISCON and an inhouse aerodynamic code

Dear Jason,

I would like to connect DISCON.ll with my own aerodynamic code. I find the Fortran code of DISCON made by you in the Appendix of the NREL 5MW Baseline Turbine Manual nrel.gov/docs/fy09osti/38060.pdf

What confuses me is the interface of DISCON? Could you explain a bit more about the physical meanings of the five parameters of the interface: “avrSWAP, aviFAIL, accINFILE, avcOUTNAME, avcMSG”, so that I can connect the DISCON.dll with my own code.

Best regards,
Yingyi

Dear Yingyi.Liu,

The DISCON dynamic library uses an API defined by DNV GL for their Bladed software. So, the best documentation could be provided by DNV GL (not NREL).

You can see how the FAST / OpenFAST interface to the DISCON dynamic library works by reviewing the source code. Specifically, I would recommend reviewing the source file BladedInterface.f90 that is part of the ServoDyn module.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thanks. Do you mind sending that DNV GL documentation (the part of Controller) to me, or just implying the name of the documentation?
My email is: liuyingyi@riam.kyushu-u.ac.jp

Best regards,
Yingyi

Dear Yingyi,

The documentation I’ve seen is from the Bladed User Manual, but that is copyrighted and is not something I’m able to share with you.

Best regards,