NREL 5MW Rotor Geometry

Thanks a lot for these information guys. Jason I am aware of the analysis on NREL 5MW rotor by the combined effort of the University of California and the University of rise*. I have tried to contact them regarding the stacking and airfoil information, unfortunately no response from them. But I was not aware that the University of Maine conducting studies on the NREL baseline turbine, so I will contact them just as you have suggested.

Could you please confirm if

DU35_A17 = DU 99 W 350 or DU 99 W 350 LM?
DU25_A17 = DU 91 W2-250 or DU 91 W2-250 LM?
Aerodynamic coefficient reference point = Aerodynamic center or Center of pressure?

In your development of the NREL 5MW turbine, was any of the airfoil section used in the NREL 5MW rotor blade was an ‘adjusted’ DU airfoil?

In terms of liberties you say Jason, where would you suggest the tangential position of the pitch axis be placed on each of the airfoil sections, for the NREL 5MW rotor blade? I.e. Camber line, Chord line or at a specific point (see attached image).

Your help is greatly appreciated guys.

*Bazilevs, Y., Hsu, M. -., Akkerman, I., Wright, S., Takizawa, K., Henicke, B., Spielman, T. and Tezduyar, T. E. (2011), “3D simulation of wind turbine rotors at full scale. Part I: Geometry modeling and aerodynamics”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 65, no. 1-3, pp. 207-235.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Kishore
Tangential.jpg