jacketSE about designing of jacket

Happy New Year, everyone.
First question: I am not sure whether jacketSE can realize the automatic design of jacket (input jacket information and environmental information, such as water depth, HH height, height of each horizontal layer, diameter of jacket leg, height of jacket top, height of jacket and block contact, and output results such as subdyn.out in test file)
Second question: Does anyone know how to use jacketSE? I was recently trying to design the IEA 15MW jacket fan model, I didn’t find the library for openmdao in MyJacketInputs, it should be the framework organization library for the whole process. I got the following information on github:
Katherine Dykes (Member of [WISDEM] (WISDEM · GitHub)) the jacketSE related functions moved to WISDEM, but I did not find relevant functions in WISDEM.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in WISDEM and JacketSE. We acknowledge that the documentation of this module is lacking. There is an older NREL report on JacketSE, but that capability never made it into the full WISDEM codebase and was unfortunately lost. Instead, we took a new approach based on this paper. The code can be found here with an example design optimization case here.

Let us know if you have further questions,
Garrett

Thank you, I have successfully run the jacketSE test case, I am a bit unclear, “modeling_options_jacket.yaml” inside “loading” gives little explanation on github. I would like to know what this “loading” is and why the parameters are set. I found the loading part of the code in gc_WT_InitModel.py, and it seems as simple as the github description, it is an external artificial load.I think “Load” is a kind of working condition, and the case given should consider normal working conditions and extreme working conditions. I am not sure what the use of this force, torque and wind speed are respectively. I have checked the python source code and did not explain my confusion well, I hope you can help me answer them. 1: What are the uses of force, torque and wind speed, and whether the wind speed is just a marker to distinguish different working conditions. 2: How should this force and bending moment be calculated?Looking forward to your reply.

I’ve been using an internal case study of the jacket and I’ve found that it’s been optimised 50 times without finding the best advantage. Can you explain why? I would like to use it to optimize the 15MW jacket, I tried to use the parameters of the internal 15MW Fukio platform, this issue also arose, I would be grateful if you could give me guidance.

File “D:\WISDEM-3.13.0\WISDEM-3.13.0\examples\17_jacket\read_outputs.py”, line 3
def read_csv_file(file_path):
IndentationError: unexpected indent
This is python error message (using internal examples)

Loading on the tower and jacket comes primarily from the rotor (there are of course environmental loads too). For the question on the Loading section in the modeling options file, this allows the code to run only the TowerSE and JacketSE modules and speed up the optimization loop. You could remove the Loading section and run RotorSE to compute the rotor loads, but since you are only optimizing the jacket, this would give the same result each iteration and is superfluous. This example (for tower and monopile design) may help. One nice feature of the Loading section is that it is very easy to add multiple design points.

For your other points, I suspect you posted the same questions in the WISDEM Issues Github area and they are answered there.