Geometric Properties of the NREL 5-MW baseline blade

Dear Jason,

thank you very much for your answer and sorry for the late reply.

Your hint was really helpful, as I was now able to calculated the values of BlCrvAC and BlSwpAC based on your information. For that I used the values for PitchAxis and AeroRef given in your post from Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 am in NREL 5MW Rotor Geometry - #3 by Jason.Jonkman

However than I compared the values of PitchAxis from that post with the values given in die ElastoDyn Individual Blade Input File NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Blade.dat given in the CertTest folder of the FAST v8.16 archive. By doing this I found that the do not agree with each other (at least for the first couple of radius).

I think, this is because for the ElastoDyn file the relation PitchAxis = 0.5 - AeroCent from README_FAST8.pdf was used (with AeroCent from Table 2-1 in NREL 5MW definition). However, I think, this relation assumes that the Aerodynamic Reference Point AeroRef lies at 25% chord, which is not the case for the first couple of radius where the values of PitchAxis disagree between the ElastoDyn and the AeroDyn input file.

What do you think about this issue?
Do you agree with me, that it would be more appropriate to use the PitchAxis from the above mentioned post also in the ElastoDyn input file?

Kind regards,
Paul Schünemann