Foundation Properties of 5 MW Wind Turbine

I’m studying on seismic behavior of onshore wind turbines including soil-structure interaction (SSI). In order to model the SSI effect, one of the important things is the geometry or the dimensions of the foundation. Now I’m working on NREL 5 MW onshore wind turbine. I did not find any data about the foundation of this wind turbine in its related report. I need to have this data for my research. How can I reach this data?

Dear Mohammad,

Sorry, but the dimensions of the foundation for the onshore version of the NREL 5-MW baseline wind turbine were not included in the specifications report (nrel.gov/docs/fy09osti/38060.pdf) and I’m not aware of any study where the onshore foundation has been defined.

Best regards,

Thanks for your response.
Do you have any idea or suggestion about the dimensions of this foundation?

Dear Mohammad,

I don’t have any suggestions; perhaps someone else following this topic can comment.

Best regards,

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any sources that mention the dimensions of the monopile diameter and thickness
used in the OC3 5MW Wind Turbine Analysis?
It seems they have information for the tower but not the sub structure dimensions.

Regards,

Kan Ito

Dear Kan,

The dimensions of the OC3-monopile can be found in section 2.1 of the OC3 final report: nrel.gov/docs/fy11osti/48191.pdf.

Best regards,