Scaling input in CampbellDiagram for DriveTrain and Yaw DoF.

Regarding the use of FAST, MBC3 and CampbellDiagram, I list the steps below since I still cannot distinguish the modes of 2nd Tower Fore-Aft and Side-to-Side from blades modes. Please once again help me to check.

1. I turned on 13 DoFs in .fst input and simulated it using FAST-Linearization. I got the output .lin file after simulation.

2. I downloaded MBC3 codes from wind.nrel.gov/designcodes/postpr … mbc/alpha/ and I copied the six .m file from the MBC/Source to the .lin location.

3. I opened MATLAB and located to .lin file. I commanded GetMats in MATLAB command window, and then I command the name of .lin file, and then mbc3.

4. After that, I open CampbellDiagram.xls Eigenanalysis FAST - #2 by Jason.Jonkman I copied DescStates, MBC_ModeShapeMagnitude, MBC_ModeShapePhaseDeg, MBC_DampingRatio, MBC_DampedFrequencyHz, MBC_NaturalFrequencyHz from MATLAB MBC3 outputs respectively to the 6 gray cells marked with comments. The Scaling inputs were set as 1. And I did not change other cells.

5. There are 13 columns and 13 rows containing the information of Natural Frequencies, Magnitude and Phase in my sheet since my model owns 13 DoFs. Each column owns two sub-columns – Magnitude and Phase. In each column of the 13s, there is one row being red bolded which is used for me to interpret the associated mode (correlate with the column – States) with the Natural (Undamped) Frequency showing in the top of the column.

I have attached the CampbellDiagram.xls once again. Thank you so much about that!
CampbellDiagram.xls (256 KB)

1 Like