The Error of during using FAST

Hello, everyone

I used the FASTv8 to built the my 3MW onshore wind turbine model,It use the aerodyn15 and Beamdyn.I used my own external controller,When I run the model, The fatal error happened as below:

I think something wrong during building the blade model,but I can’t find reason according the showing error display.
Can someone help me find the reason?

Best Regard
Ruiliang.Wong

Dear Ruiliang,

It appears that FAST is aborting because of an error in the mesh-mapping search for AD_L_2_BDED for blade 1, which is the mesh-mapping search between the AeroDyn Line2 blade load output mesh and the BeamDyn Line2 blade load input mesh i.e. an incompatibility between the AeroDyn and BeamDyn meshes. FAST will trigger this error e.g. if the blade in AeroDyn is longer than the blade in BeamDyn.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Hello,Jason
It helps me,Thank you very much,But some problem about convergence happened ,so I adjust DT to 0.001, it works well.
If I set DT to 0.001,the simulation time will be much long. I want to use the FAST to calculate the extreme loads ,as we know,thousands of load design cases according to the IEC61400 standard .I have to calculate these cases one by one,It waste much time,Do you have some batch files or some tools to calculate these cases more quickly like GH Bladed software batch moudle ? This is my email:1045310506@qq.com . Can you send to me if you are convenient?
Hope your help!
Best Regard!
Ruiliang.Wong

Dear Ruiliang,

I’m glad you were able to solve the problem.

Regarding running FAST in batch mode, a similar question has been asked before–see e.g. the forum topic found here: NWTC Design Codes - General Questions. Unfortunately, we have not yet been budgeted the time to upgrade our internal RunIEC script enough to support its public distribution.

There is a simple MS DOS script provided with FAST v8 named “CertTest.bat” that we use to run the 26 certification tests. Another option is to start with the MATLAB scripts available in the FAST v8 archive used to read and write FAST input files. You could probably start with these and modify them to suite your needs.

Best regards,

Hello,Jason
Thank you very much.
From the forum I find that you provided the old version of RunIEC and RunNTM by Muhl (Fatigue analysis). I think the old version can also help me ! Could you provide that for reference?

Best Regard,

Ruiliang.Wong

Dear Ruiliang,

I’ve sent you the old archives of RunIEC and RunNTM to you by e-mail.

I hope you find them useful.

Best regards,

Dear Dr Jonkman,

I am trying to run a bunch of FAST simulation files for Design Load Cases prescribed by IEC, and reading this thread and the ones linked in this, I would be very grateful if you could send me the archives of RunIEC you mentioned in your reply. My email ID is vishalsairam1995@gmail.com.

Thank you in advance,
Vishal Sairam

Dear Vishal,

It looks like you asked the same question twice; I’ve answered it in the other forum topic: Fatigue analysis.

Best regards,