Staying up to date with what's going on

A couple of people have asked how they can stay up-to-date with what’s going on, on the met towers. I have some suggestions. Maybe you have others?

1. Don’t email me. I won’t reply to you. Please, please, please, join this forum.
  2. Subscribe to the forum. At the bottom of the main forum page (viewforum.php?f=31), there is a link marked “subscribe forum”. Click on that to subscribe, and you’ll get a mail every time there is a new post or answer.
  3. Subscribe to the RSS feed, wind.nrel.gov/MetData/MetDataNews.xml, to information on when sensors are being worked on, a computer crashes, or we loose half the sensors to a lightning strike. This is probably the closest thing we will have to an operational log book for these towers for a while.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I thought of one more possibility.

Andy’s document “135-m Meteorological Towers and the National Wind Technology Center” in section 6.4 mentions “Operations Metadata”. This information is available upon request (I haven’t actually requested this myself). The information looks to be more of a historical record of events (outages, instrument failures etc) but could be helpful for more specific details about particular events.

Everett

I’ve started posting the maintenance activities to this forum to avoid having this information spread over too many documents. You should be able to find this here: