Problem running NREL 5MW Test files

Hello,

I have just tried to run the FAST file of the onshore 5MW wind turbine with the latest version of the software, but it returns me an error, although I have not changed anything. It says it finds an error while trying to read the Echo flag, and I do not know why, because the other files that I have run are written exactly in the same way, and they work.Could you please help me finding why is not working?

fast 5mw_2.png

Regards,

Iñaki

Dear Iñaki,

It doesn’t look like your FAST primary input file, “5MW_Onshore\NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Onshore.fst”, is in the proper format. What do the first few lines in this file look like?

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

the first lines of the file look like this:

Regards,

Iñaki

Dear Iñaki,

That is a FAST v7.02 input file, which is not compatible with FAST v8. This sounds identical to the problem I answered on Sep 10, 2015 above.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

if I have understood correctly, with the last version of FAST I need to run Test18, which is similar to the file I mentioned.

Thank you very much for all your time.

Regards,

Iñaki

hi
The link you sent for FAST v7.02.00d with the interface to Bladed-style DLLs seems to have expired
Can you send another link?

Dear @Ali.Rouhbakhsh,

Here is the updated link to the precompiled Windows executable of FAST v7.02.00d with the interface to a Bladed-style DLL controller: FAST_v7.02.00d-bjj_AeroDyn_v13.00.02a-bjj_BladedDLLInterface.exe - Google Drive.

Best regards,