Open loop error

Dear all,
When I run the M-file for open-loop I encounter this error by Matlab:

Error using Run_OpenLoop (line 30)
Error reported by S-function ‘FAST_SFunc’ in ‘OpenLoop/FAST Nonlinear Wind Turbine/S-Function’:
FAST_Solution:CalcOutputs_And_SolveForInputs:SolveOption2:InflowWind_CalcOutput:CalcOutput:IfW_TSFFWind_CalcOutput
[position=(-8.2999, -15.666, 52.964) in wind-file coordinates]: Error: FF wind array was exhausted at 65.369 seconds (trying to
access data at 72.102 seconds).

Whereas previously I wasn’t faced such an error! I don’t know what file or parameter I have changed that it gives me such an error! Could you help me to solve this problem?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Sina

Dear Sina,

An error regarding the “FF wind array was exhausted” has been discussed many times on this forum e.g.: Error: FF wind array was exhausted - #6 by Jason.Jonkman.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dear Dr. Jonkman,

Thanks for replying and introducing the helpful forum. The underlying reason that I didn’t get such an error is that I made a uniform wind input (without using Turbsim), which is why I could extend the time of the program. Now my question is that since it doesn’t give me any error with my own input wind, if I extend the run time and use my uniform wind and run the open loop, does it affect the open loop behavior in comparison with the default Fast wind input? I asked this question because I save the open loop data (say 400s) forever to run the closed-loop system easily.

Thanks

Best Regards,
Sina

Dear Sina,

I’m not sure I fully understand your question, but FAST supports both uniform wind input and turbulent wind generated by a preprocessor. Each type of wind data has its own uses.

Best regards,

Dear Dr. Jonkman,

Thanks for your prompt response. My question was about the dynamic of the wind turbine that I don’t know whether it is changed by the type of the wind signal or not in the first run (open loop).

Best Regards,
Sina

Dear Sina,

I’m still not really sure I understand your question. What are you trying to simulate?

Best regards,