Movable trailing edge flaps implementation

Hello everyone
I did the changes to source code and follow the instructions, Dr.Xiao Sun presented. but the flap angle input signal doesn’t work apparently.
I doubt that doing the compiling instruction correctly, so I write the steps I did.
I used “open project” in “Intel parallel studio XE 2013 with vs2010” compiler and open “Simulink\VisualStudio, FAST_Library.vfproj” file. then I debugged that file without any errors and with 28 warnings.
after that I do the rest of instructions, such as altering “s_function parameters”.
if I did not compile correctly, Let me know.
Thank you

Dear Srinivasa.Sudharsan,
I want to ask you how to solve the problem mentioned above. I’ve met the same question,Could you help me,thanks!

Dear Majid.Ebr,
Could you help me how you solevd the problem later,thank you!

Hello Bonnie,
Currently I am trying to implement trailing edge flaps in FAST v8.16. I am planning on using the MulTabloc function. I have gone through the above mentioned post. I have gone through the FAST_Subs.f90 as you mentioned, but I am unable to find the Multabloc function in this version of FAST. Can you tell me whether its been removed from this version or I have to look for it somewhere else.

Dear Kenneth Paul,

In FAST v8.16, MulTabLoc is a module-level input to AeroDyn v14. To use this feature, you’d have to modify the source code to set the value of MulTabLoc. There is a placeholder at the bottom of SUBROUTINE FAST_Solver.f90/AD14_InputSolve_NoIfW().

Best regards,

Thank you Jason for the quick reply.

Dear Jason,

I have implemented all the necessary changes mentioned in this post to incorporate Flaps, and recompiled the fast Library. but while trying to run with multiple airfoil Tables it shows the error "Error reading multiple airfoil table option. Only one table for each file will be
used."

Upon debugging I found this warning to be generated from AeroSubs.f90. From my understanding the software is not able to read some MultTabLoc identifier in the aerodyn14 input file.

I have attached the aerodyn14 input file as well as the airfoil with multiple tables below. Can you suggest any solution for the problem?

I am using FASTv8.16, with Aerodyn14 and Elastodyn

Note: i am not using Cm values therefore have used dummy values

Regards,
Kenneth
NACA64_A17_trialFLAP.txt (3.06 KB)
NRELOffshrBsline5MW_Onshore_AeroDyn2.txt (3.53 KB)

Dear Kenneth,

Unless you’ve changed the source code to accommodate this change, I believe you’ve placed “USER” in the wrong place in your AeroDyn v14 input file. “USER” should appear in the line after the table, not in a separate column of the table after PrnElm. The one setting of “USER” applies to all aerodynamic nodes.

Please note that functionality equivalent to MulTabLoc for modeling user-controlled airfoil data, e.g. for flaps and other flow-control devices, is a standard feature of the current version of OpenFAST / AeroDyn. I would suggest upgrading.

Best regards,