FAST theory manual

Dear Jason,

Thanks.

Dear Dr. Jonkman,

Can you also send me the “Unofficial FAST Theory Manual” for FAST v8 as well?

I also wondering is there any unofficial ElastoDyn manual or FAST v7 manual is basically the same as ElastoDyn?

My mail address: danielw5@vt.edu

Thank you

Dear Daniel,

I’ve sent you the “unofficial FAST Theory Manual” by e-mail. Please note that this manual applies to the structural equations of FAST v7 and the ElastoDyn module of FAST v8.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Could you please send me a copy of unofficial FAST theory manual? My email is cheng.peng@intecsea.com.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes.

Cheng Peng

Sent.

Dear Jason,

Could you send me the unofficial FAST theory manual and user’s guide for FAST v8 as well? My email address is : liuyc14@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn

Thank your very much.

Best regards,

Sent.

Dear Dr. Jonkman,

Can you also send me the “Unofficial FAST Theory Manual” for FAST v8 too?

My mail address: dainius.ambrasas@gmail.com

Thank you

Kind Regards
Dainius Ambrasas

Sent.

Hi,

1. Is there a separate and independent code for ElastoDyn, similar to other modules like “BeamDyn”, “TurbSim” which can be run without referring to FAST (using driver file and other input files) ? If yes, please direct me where to download it from?
  2. In which module are the constraint equations (for example relative rotation between tower and hub) modeled?
    Thanks.

Kumara

Dear Kumara,

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. We have not yet developed a wrapper so as to execute ElastoDyn as a standalone code without coupling to other modules.
  2. The ElastoDyn module is implemented utilizing relative degrees of freedom (DOFs) without algebraic constraints e.g. the nacelle-yaw DOF is relative to the tower-top, the generator azimuth rotation DOF is relative to the nacelle, the shaft torsion DOF is relative to the generator, etc.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Dear Jason,

Thanks for your response.

I don’t completely understand your response to my second question. I’m used to ADAMS modeling and the relevant theory, where the Differential-Algebraic equations are solved. But since you are saying no constraint equations are written, I’ll probably have to go through theoretical formulations in FAST. If you have any good reference kindly share.

Regards,
Kumara

Dear Jason,

Could you send me the unofficial FAST theory manual and user’s guide for FAST v8 as well? My email address is : simon.wiedemann@rub.de

Thank your very much.

Best regards,

Simon

Sent.

Hi Jason,
Could you also send me the unofficial FAST 7 theory manual?
Email: tuncaen@itu.edu.tr

Sent.

Dear Dr Jonkman,

Can you please send me the “Unofficial FAST Theory Manual” as well? My email address is Y.Liu@2015.hull.ac.uk

Thank you so much!

All the best.
Yanhua Liu

Dear Dr. Jonkman,

I would also appreciate it if you could e-mail me a copy of or a link to the Fast Theory Manual.
Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Rui Diogo

Sent.

Dear Jason,

Could you please send FAST theory manual.
my email id: raja.e@aero.iitb.ac.in
Thanks.

Kumara